The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1957 Plymouth 4dr *ebay* Tx.
Moderators: ronbo97

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Swap Meet -> For Sale - EBAY, CRAIGSLIST & OTHER FINDSMessage format

ABloch
Posted 2019-02-21 1:43 AM (#578441)
Subject: 1957 Plymouth 4dr *ebay* Tx.

Expert

Up for sale an extremely preserved 1957 plymouth Belvedere which we call “The Green Christine”. My son and I are HUGE Christine fans and we had been looking for years to find a 57-58 Plymouth that wasn’t all rusted out and then when we happened to find this one that had spent is whole life in New Mexico/California. We bought it sight unseen on eBay and were delighted to see how well it was preserved when it arrived. The original 301 engine was recently rebuilt and runs perfectly. The original Powerflight push button transmission performs well although it does leak a little. We completely rebuilt the entire brake system and put new Coker wide whites on it and we had nice daily driver. The extremely tired and worn original interior was replaced at substantial cost with all original fabrics from SMS from the headliner to the carpet and now looks as stunning as the day it was built. This car has quite a few options including the seldom seen factory air conditioner with all parts there but unfortunately does not work at this time. It also has power pack engine upgrade option with 4 barrel carburetor, power steering,padded dash and a working NOS radio I happened to luck into finding. The only rust we found on the car was on the right side of the trunk that was very minor and need only fiberglass repair. It still has the very hard to find original trunk mat in good shape and we have a new trunk cardboard kit that was never installed. We replaced all of the weather strips including the fuzzy door glass run channels and it drives tight and rattle free. All of the plastic lenses were replaced with NOS including the parking lamp,backup lamp and tail lamps. Everything works well on the car except the clock and the a/c. New dual exhaust system sound great too. Just a real pleasure to drive and a serious attention getter. Looks to be repainted once long ago in its original meadow green and sand dune white but its weathered now and could use a new paint job or if you like the patina look it’s perfect as is. We have loved and babied this car for several years now but it’s time to let it go due to having many other projects now. Hopefully it will go to a new Christine fan. As anyone that knows these cars is also familiar with how rust prone they are I have many more pics of the underside of this car but I reached my limit on the number of pics I could list here. I’m located in central Texas. Billy 254-368-0605

(Plymouth.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Plymouth.jpg (163KB - 196 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)