The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Windshield wiper rubber replacements?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Body, Glass, Interior and TrimMessage format

56D500boy
Posted 2019-06-07 1:09 AM (#583046)
Subject: Windshield wiper rubber replacements?

Expert 5K+

I went to a little ad hoc car show and shine at a local burger place tonight (White Spot for those that know BC). I got chatting with one fellow well after everyone else left and went home to watch "THE GAME" (BB or hockey??). Anyway by the time I left, the rain that they had threatened for today finally showed up. That allowed me to discover (in the dark) that my windshield wipers are less than outstanding. Naturally the one on the passenger side wasn't bad but on my side it was very streaky. I know that I can swap the wipers left to right but there would still be one streaky one.

Is it possible to substitute a modern rubber blade, e.g. a PIAA silicon blade, into these old style wiper blade holders?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
westaus29
Posted 2019-06-07 1:41 AM (#583048 - in reply to #583046)
Subject: Re: Windshield wiper rubber replacements?

Veteran

I put Toyota rubbers into my 55 Suburban, went in no problems, they just slide straight in and trim to length. Took an old one to spares counter to make sure. I find Toyota rubbers last much better than standard refills especially given our long hot summers - not a problem for you I imagine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)