The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to post links to eBay, car auctions, etc.
Moderators: ronbo97

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Swap Meet -> For Sale - EBAY, CRAIGSLIST & OTHER FINDSMessage format

56D500boy
Posted 2019-12-02 1:50 AM (#590994)
Subject: How to post links to eBay, car auctions, etc.

Expert 5K+

We all come to this forum with a varying degree of mechanical, electrical and computer skills. Some with more, some with less. think that some Forum members might not know how to post links to finds that they want to share with other forum members. That is probably frustrating for them. On that basis and the fact that I taught at a University for 15 years and at a Technical College (part-time) for 10 years, I thought that I would provide a short example of the process that I use when I want to share links.

The first thing is to start a search. I either use Google or go to eBay directly. Usually its Google for cars for me and eBay for parts but whatever. In this example, I tried to find what was out there for 57 Dodges so I started with Google.

When Google returned several options, I went to one of the options that seemed to have a few cars by clicking on the link the Google provided with the left mouse button.

At that website, I scrolled down to one car (57 Dodge) that I wanted to investigate and left clicked on the link to that car.

Once I went through the photos, I decided (for this example) that I wanted to share the link. To share the link, I put my mouse cursor on the link and clicked with the left mouse button. That made the link show up with a blue back ground. (I also could have clicked and dragged on the link while holding the left button down and highlighted the link (in blue)). One way or the other, with the link highlighted in blue, I then clicked the right mouse button. This brought up a scroll down list of options. One of the options was "Copy". So I clicked on copy.

The following are examples of the steps to get the link copied. In the reply to this post, I will finish the example by posting the link.

Edited by 56D500boy 2019-12-02 1:58 AM

(ExampleOnHowToPostLinks_0.jpg)

(ExampleOnHowToPostLinks_1.jpg)

(ExampleOnHowToPostLinks_2.jpg)

(ExampleOnHowToPostLinks_3.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ExampleOnHowToPostLinks_0.jpg (140KB - 109 downloads)
Attachments ExampleOnHowToPostLinks_1.jpg (168KB - 90 downloads)
Attachments ExampleOnHowToPostLinks_2.jpg (196KB - 113 downloads)
Attachments ExampleOnHowToPostLinks_3.jpg (177KB - 119 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
56D500boy
Posted 2019-12-02 1:56 AM (#590995 - in reply to #590994)
Subject: RE: How to post links to eBay, car auctions, etc.

Expert 5K+

So to finish, now that I have the link that I wanted to share, I start a new thread in the appropriate forum. After giving the thread a subject line, I go into the dialogue box and state what I want to share, e.g. a link to a 57 Dodge. Then I right click with my mouse in the dialogue box, which brings up that option box from above. This time I select "Paste" and left click on [PASTE]. With that done and the cursor at the end of the link that just got pasted, I hit the [ENTER] button on the key board. That turns the link on and makes it live for other forum members so all they have to do is to click on your newly posted link to see what you wanted to share.

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1298411/1957-dodge-coronet-for...

I hope that was helpful for those who weren't sure how to post links.

Edited by 56D500boy 2019-12-02 2:01 AM

(ExampleOnHowToPostLinks_4.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ExampleOnHowToPostLinks_4.jpg (138KB - 113 downloads)
max wedgeroom
Posted 2019-12-02 6:32 AM (#591000 - in reply to #590994)
Subject: Re: How to post links to eBay, car auctions, etc.

Veteran

A very helpful thread. Thanks for putting in the time & effort for the sake of other members...!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)