The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

60 Saratogo on eBay
Moderators: ronbo97

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Swap Meet -> For Sale - EBAY, CRAIGSLIST & OTHER FINDSMessage format

56D500boy
Posted 2019-12-28 4:13 PM (#592142)
Subject: 60 Saratogo on eBay

Expert 5K+

Looks good to me

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1960-Chrysler-Saratoga/324025501510?hash=it...

Top of the page Bottom of the page
imopar380
Posted 2019-12-29 12:11 AM (#592162 - in reply to #592142)
Subject: Re: 60 Saratogo on eBay

Expert 5K+

This one was covered a few weeks ago at this thread link http://www.forwardlook.net/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=72655&...

I had an email discussion with the seller in the earlier auction, regarding the inaccuracies of his description of the car, and he agreed with me that it was not exactly as described.
However in this re-listed auction he still hasn't changed any of the outright inaccuracies. The car does not have any A/C nor does it have Cruise control, the seat cloth is wrong,
mirrors are wrong, the steering wheel is incorrectly restored, wheel covers are wrong, firewall is the wrong colour, the windshield washer switch is broken, and more.
Nice car but would probably take an easy $10 to 15K to correct the mistakes if one wanted to do that.
The gentleman seller I corresponded with was very pleasant about it all, seemed to be an older man and stated that he and his wife restored it.
They obviously didn't do a lot of research into what is correct for the car, or even try and find knowledgeable people who might be able to offer advice and help.
That, my friends is why it is SO important to belong to a group like this or a club that caters to these kinds of cars, so one can find out where to find the correct materials.
For instance, he could have easily gotten the correct upholstery material for the seats. The rubber door bumpers are missing on this one, and they're easily available.
Steering wheel could have been restored correctly, (more $$$ though ). Heck, even the air cleaner is pointed the wrong direction.
Tires are too small as well. I hate to nitpick but when the description is so far off.......

Edited by imopar380 2019-12-29 12:32 AM
Viper Guy
Posted 2019-12-29 5:29 PM (#592203 - in reply to #592142)
Subject: Re: 60 Saratogo on eBay

Expert

The seller went to great lengths to describe the car. One thing that would be extremely important to me is the dashboard - gages and lights working properly. The Astradome is beautiful if working like it should. I didn't see any mentions of that in his description.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)