The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

wheels
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> 1955-1961 Forward Look MoPar General DiscussionMessage format

Kirk T
Posted 2024-03-09 6:37 PM (#634147)
Subject: wheels

Pictures of wheels

(Wheel 1.jpg)

(Wheel 4.jpg)

(Wheel 5.jpg)

(Wheel 3.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Wheel 1.jpg (70KB - 18 downloads)
Attachments Wheel 4.jpg (56KB - 14 downloads)
Attachments Wheel 5.jpg (59KB - 14 downloads)
Attachments Wheel 3.jpg (67KB - 16 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
StillOutThere
Posted 2024-03-09 7:46 PM (#634148 - in reply to #634147)
Subject: Re: wheels

These are Motor Wheel brand Chrysler and DeSoto wire wheels (assuming all are alike). The Dodge and Plym wheels were 5 inches wide, not 5.5. Not a problem to operate these wider wheels in place of the 5 inch. MANY owners have done so. These Chry/DeS wheels are sometimes referred to as "short spoke" because the Ply/Dg wheels have "long spokes" that are laced out closer to the edge of the rim (closer to the tire).
If they scrub up well without significant pitting or rust in the adjustment nipples, they are nice addition to a convertible.
Reproductions have been in the hobby market for years. These appear to be originals.
Hudson and Kaiser autos also offered the Motor Wheel wheels during the '53-56 period of availability. Each had their proprietary brand center hub cap in place of Chryslers faux "knockoff" cap.
Some of the detailing companies sell a "wire wheel cleaner" product. Adam's I think has such. I used to used hydroflouric (not hydrochloric) acid which is what most of these cleaners are based in. If you get some, use gloves and wear eye protection for sure! FLUSH wheels THOROUGHLY with water to get rid of ALL acid. Blow dry! Spray wax! Real wire wheels are a lot of work to keep clean (and beautiful when they are).
Kirk T
Posted 2024-03-09 8:29 PM (#634149 - in reply to #634147)
Subject: RE: wheels

Wow, I didn't intend to start a new thread! I thought I was posting to my other thread. Just amazed that I got pictures posted.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)