The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1957 Dodge - interior paint colors - need help deciphering
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Fender/VIN Tag and Broadcast Sheet DecodingMessage format

wheelcover
Posted 2022-01-21 4:44 PM (#618664)
Subject: 1957 Dodge - interior paint colors - need help deciphering

Veteran

Not sure if this should be in the ‘Data Tag’ or ‘Interior’ section, so I’m starting here.

I’m resurrecting a decades neglected 1957 Dodge D500 2-door hardtop (BDY 2546) with interior trim code ‘212’. That appears to translate to ‘green Pellon vinyl and green star dot fabric’. If I understand correctly, this car should have the seat frames with the center ‘dips’ in the front/rear seat backs and the ‘scalloped’ top vinyl and horizontally embossed/ribbed center sections for the upholstery style, as I believe it is a Custom Coronet (2546). I believe there should NOT be the Lancer symbol embossed in the vertical vinyl section above the rear ‘dip’. That much I’m pretty clear on - someone feel free to correct me if I seem off base on anything to this point.

If the above is a correct interpretation of my data tag, I should be good with soft surface trim. What I don’t understand how to decipher is the INTERIOR paint colors. The exterior paint chip sheets I have, list 5 different INTERIOR greens (no color chips): Forest Green Metallic, Sea Green, Falstaff Green, China Green, Sprout Green. I have no idea what colors are in my interior, but would like to know, so I can at least paint my steering wheel the correct color(s). I’m fully aware that I can get digital color matching, but would prefer to get paint mixed to a known code. I’m guessing that some interior paint color combinations were used in the base model cars and others were used in the Custom Coronets, etc.

Any insight on the interior paint color codes? I’ve never seen interior paint chips and the last car I did, the answer to this question was obvious. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
56D500boy
Posted 2022-01-21 7:19 PM (#618667 - in reply to #618664)
Subject: RE: 1957 Dodge - interior paint colors - need help deciphering

Expert 5K+

This an indirect answer to part of your question(s):

Here is a 213 interior in a Custom Coronet Lancer. Note the embossed Lancer bit in the rear seat dip:

Before the plastic covers came off:

Without the plastic covers:

And confirmation of the 57 Coronet D500 Lancer body code:

Edited by 56D500boy 2022-01-21 7:21 PM
dodge59
Posted 2022-01-21 8:04 PM (#618668 - in reply to #618664)
Subject: Re: 1957 Dodge - interior paint colors - need help deciphering

Elite Veteran

where did you purchase the rear speaker shelf from ? Looks nice !
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)