The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Resurrection of 'Rusty' [the '59 Sport Fury]
Jump to page : < ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
Now viewing page 12 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> Members RidesMessage format

big m
Posted 2014-12-05 12:52 PM (#463716 - in reply to #226386)
Subject: Re: The Resurrection of 'Rusty' [the '59 Sport Fury]

Expert 5K+

Thanks, Mike!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
big m
Posted 2014-12-18 7:18 PM (#465140 - in reply to #226386)

Expert 5K+

Time to refurbish more rusty parts- the interior windshield header and the two quarter window garnish moldings were very rusty, if I can't save these, I'll have to make duplicates, which will be a lot of work.

I used reverse electrolysis on all three pieces, until every last bit of rust was gone. There was still some peeling chrome remaining. The pitting was heavy but evenly so, and no large pits or weak spots. I spent about six hours carefully removing material until the pits were just miniscule 'Pin p***ks in the surface. The chrome plater can plate these copper once or twice to fill the pits, then refinish before plating now.

---John

(022.JPG)

(023.JPG)

(024.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 022.JPG (140KB - 284 downloads)
Attachments 023.JPG (135KB - 272 downloads)
Attachments 024.JPG (124KB - 281 downloads)
ttotired
Posted 2014-12-19 3:48 AM (#465179 - in reply to #226386)

Expert 5K+

Did the reverse electrolisis get rid of the chrome John?

60 dart
Posted 2014-12-19 4:07 AM (#465182 - in reply to #226386)

Expert 5K+

can't wait to see it 100% done . it's goin to be a knock out ---------------------------------------------later
big m
Posted 2014-12-19 1:27 PM (#465218 - in reply to #465179)

Expert 5K+

ttotired - 2014-12-19 12:48 AM

Did the reverse electrolisis get rid of the chrome John?

It took care of the rust beneath the chrome where it was peeling, but only discolored the plating slightly. The chrome has to be stripped anyways, so I wasn't too concerned, Mick.
big m
Posted 2014-12-19 1:28 PM (#465219 - in reply to #465182)

Expert 5K+

60 dart - 2014-12-19 1:07 AM

can't wait to see it 100% done . it's goin to be a knock out ---------------------------------------------later

Thanks, Chuck!
If a miracle happens and I have it done in time, We'll drive it to Carlisle this year. If not, one of the other cars will have to do.

---John
big m
Posted 2015-01-03 12:22 PM (#466572 - in reply to #226386)

Expert 5K+

The rear seat inside panels were pretty corroded, especially the lower sections. I measured these sections against the ones in a coupe, and there were only a few differences. I drilled the spot welds holding the upper to lower sections, and found a good set of panels from a coupe. These I modified and made into sections identical to the convertible lowers. I de-rusted all four pieces, and rosette welded the better top section to its new lower section.

The second one was not so easy, as the upper section had rusted through in multiple places. I cut out and welded these areas up, and smoothed the welds out. a few pits will not matter as long as the pieces are solid, as they are upholstered.

(001.JPG)

(002.JPG)

('59 SF convertible 001.JPG)

('59 SF convertible 004.JPG)

('59 SF convertible 008.JPG)

('59 SF convertible 009.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 001.JPG (124KB - 267 downloads)
Attachments 002.JPG (124KB - 279 downloads)
Attachments '59 SF convertible 001.JPG (124KB - 271 downloads)
Attachments '59 SF convertible 004.JPG (123KB - 277 downloads)
Attachments '59 SF convertible 008.JPG (126KB - 280 downloads)
Attachments '59 SF convertible 009.JPG (126KB - 273 downloads)
Doctor DeSoto
Posted 2015-01-03 1:59 PM (#466576 - in reply to #465219)

Years ago, I was told there was a "car just like mine" (58 Belvedere convertible) sitting in a
yard in the White Center area. Some scouring of the street grid followed and what I found
was a 59 like Rusty. It appeared to have melted into the ground , the bottom 10" of the car
simply GONE ! Even the top bows were melted off at the side frames. Before I would venture
into anyone's property, I'd go the front door and ask permission to be there. To my surprise,
I was met at the door by a shotgun leveled at my face and the words "IT'S NOT FOR SALE !!!".

It was an odd sight, as the house and neighborhood were pretty nice, with this one odd car
just sort of melting into the grass in the side yard. When I explained I wasn't interested in
owning the car and just wanted to ask permission to look at it, the guy warmed up a bit and
we went out and looked it over and I got a few photos of it.

That was probably around 1989 ??? and I suspect the grumpy old guy has since lost interest.
He said he was gonna restore it, like they all do. Anyway, since you obviously have more than
one screw loose to bring Rusty back from the scrap heap, I think I've got a "next project" in
mind for you John ! If I can only remember where exactly that car was ....
earleebob
Posted 2015-01-03 5:32 PM (#466590 - in reply to #465219)

Elite Veteran

big m - 2014-12-20 3:28 AM

60 dart - 2014-12-19 1:07 AM

Thanks, Chuck!
If a miracle happens and I have it done in time, We'll drive it to Carlisle this year. If not, one of the other cars will have to do.

---John

Boy what a bonus it would be to see 'Rusty' in the flesh at the Nationals. Get the lead out John!
big m
Posted 2015-01-04 11:56 AM (#466653 - in reply to #466576)

Expert 5K+

Doctor DeSoto - 2015-01-03 10:59 AM

Years ago, I was told there was a "car just like mine" (58 Belvedere convertible) sitting in a
yard in the White Center area. Some scouring of the street grid followed and what I found
was a 59 like Rusty. It appeared to have melted into the ground , the bottom 10" of the car
simply GONE ! Even the top bows were melted off at the side frames. Before I would venture
into anyone's property, I'd go the front door and ask permission to be there. To my surprise,
I was met at the door by a shotgun leveled at my face and the words "IT'S NOT FOR SALE !!!".

It was an odd sight, as the house and neighborhood were pretty nice, with this one odd car
just sort of melting into the grass in the side yard. When I explained I wasn't interested in
owning the car and just wanted to ask permission to look at it, the guy warmed up a bit and

That was probably around 1989 ??? and I suspect the grumpy old guy has since lost interest.
He said he was gonna restore it, like they all do. Anyway, since you obviously have more than
one screw loose to bring Rusty back from the scrap heap, I think I've got a "next project" in

That's funny, Brent!!

Back in the mid eighties I was helping my sister move from Elko Nevada to Winnemucca, so I rented a big moving truck. After helping her, I had to return the truck to Reno, so I took a county road south from Interstate 80 to highway fifty. There were no towns along this road, just a scattering of ranches.

I did spot an old foundation and concreted area with some charred wood not too far from the roadway, and setting up high in the cab of the truck I could see a few car bodies off in the distance, so I stopped to have a look. Apparently it was an old gas station, and they would drag their junk cars and trash back a quarter mile to a ravine, and push everything down. There were probably 25 cars there, from the late forties to early sixties, including a '57-8 Chrysler convertible. These car bodies were all full of bullet holes, and some suffered the indignity of being burned with the trash years ago. BUT- they were not rusty!

I didn't have much time to pilfer, as the truck needed to be returned that day, but I did get a chance to return several years later. Unfortunately, BLM had done a clean-up on the site, and the cars were all gone. Most Nevada junkpiles on public property suffered the same demise, I found out later.

---John
GaryS
Posted 2015-01-04 12:32 PM (#466656 - in reply to #466576)

Expert

Doctor DeSoto - 2015-01-03 12:59 PM

This one made me laugh! I worked with the guy for many years and he's a nice guy, an engineer, and mentally very sharp when I last saw him, but knowing him, he might indeed greet unknown folks with a shotgun, or something else from his extensive firearm collection. He asked me to come out in the mid-eighties and tell him what could be done to restore it, but as you said, it sort of melted into the wet Western Washington soil. He didn't like to hear that it had become a parts car for trim only. I seem to recall he said he had bought the car new, or almost new, and it's a shame he let it sit outside.

To really make your day, I invited him to one of our Mopar shows where the raffle prize was a complete, freshly rebuilt 360. Naturally, he won it and I'll bet it still sits in his basement getting rusty. That was also in the mid-eighties.

If he's still alive, I'm sure the car is still sitting there...a little deeper in the mud...since he would never sell it or part it out. He has no need for the money, and it is his memory machine.

Addendum: Just for kicks, I did a web search to see if he's still alive, and he is not. He died in 2004. I also checked Google Earth to see if the car was visible, and it appears to be gone in both the satellite and street views. His wife is still alive, but if she still lives in the same house, she would be well into her eighties and probably disposed of the car some years ago.

Edited by GaryS 2015-01-04 1:20 PM
Doctor DeSoto
Posted 2015-01-04 9:51 PM (#466702 - in reply to #466656)

Gary ~ are we talking about the same guy and car ??? !!!

Man ! ..... small world !

------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know, after he settled down, he seemed like a pretty nice guy, ... although one of those
roll-your-eyes guys who's gonna restore it someday. If memory serves, I was with my brother,
friend Terry, and a 4th person. It was me who told them to wait in the car while I went to the
door to ask permission to look at it. I've been around firearms my whole life, but a guy on the
other side of an aluminum storm door with a big ol' 3/4" black hole pointed right at my face was
not something I was used to seeing. Since he was only barking out "IT'S NOT FOR SALE !", I kept
my cool, stuck with the mission, and assured him that I was not there to harass him to sell, and
that in fact, I had a similar car and just wanted to "talk shop" and look at it. We probably spent
a half hour with him, talking and taking pictures. He was extremely bothered by people asking to
buy the car for whatever reason. Moreso than the car rotting away. But that was his game and
we let it rest at that.

We all knew he was a crazy and were pretty bummed on him for trashing that poor car like that,
but we were nice toward him and recognized this was going to be one of those "oh boy !" stories
of the crazy with the top shelf car rotting in the grass, complete with shotgun, and took that away
as a "next best thing".

Not far over the hill toward West Seattle, we discovered a trove of similarly exotic GM cars. This
crew was equally crazy, but also interested in beer money. So, that one worked out a little differently.

GaryS
Posted 2015-01-05 7:28 AM (#466728 - in reply to #226386)

Expert

He wasn't crazy, but he was a very independent conservative and in certain ways I guess he did march to a different tune than most folks. I remember him telling me that someone was always trying to buy the car and he said that if it was for sale, he'd hang a sign on it. I don't know what his emotional attachment was to the car, but it was pretty strong, as he talked about it often. Unfortunately it wasn't strong enough to make the commitment to restore it, but it wasn't due to a lack of funds as he had inherited a lot of money from his parents estate.

His wife was really the one that had a screw or two loose. In winter, she would stack brush on the front porch and put bird seed around it so the birds would have a place to eat and get out of the rain. She had serious health problems and much of his time was spent taking care of her, so I'm amazed she outlived him.

BTW, he also owned another Mopar that I would have liked to have. It was a '61 or '62 Dodge D100 that he actually kept in good running order and drove to work every day.

Edited by GaryS 2015-01-05 7:31 AM
Doctor DeSoto
Posted 2015-01-05 3:22 PM (#466752 - in reply to #466728)

Gary ~ as one crazy to another, your buddy was a first class whack job, just like me !

In the USMC, one comes to see being called a "maggot" as a term of endearment, of having
made the grade. Everyone else would find it offensive.

Same goes for "crazy" and similar with any of this eccentric hoarding of old stuff. Anyone who
greets me at the door with a shotgun gets an extra slice of raisin pie for being double-extra crazy !

Nothing wrong with being a little "different". Who wants to be NORMAL ???

=====================================================

On another old car/crazy encounter, I was reading meters for the gas company ....

I'd park my vehicle at the end of a street and read all the meters up one side and down
the other. Oft-times it made sense to cut across backyards, etc. to get to the next meter,
rather than go out to the street each time. In one such case, I had been back yard hopping
and came to the last meter to read on the street before going out to my car.

As I came out of the side yard I ran straight into a 1957 Olds 98 convertible and a distracting
crazy woman in a bathrobe, fluffy slippers, and her hair in a big wad of curlers. Paper plates
were strewn all over the driveway and she was doing this crazy motion, as if serving the ball
in a tennis match. In the serving hand was a paper plate. Under the other arm was a large
stacked bag of paper plates !

She was yelling something in a rather incoherent manner, as if angry, her swats at the sky
looked as if she was trying to knock something out of the air.

I stopped dead in my tracks, just out of sight and watched. It was just plain bizarre. After a
while, I could make out something about "gawdammed baby butterflies", but it was pretty
mumbled, and shouted as she made each swipe, making it hard to make out what she was
saying. Occasionally she would lose hold of a plate, and rather than pick it up, she'd pull a
fresh one out from the stack under her other arm, leaving this blizzard of white discs all over
the drive and yard.

I finally revealed my presence as best I could without scaring her to death, and tried to ask
about the car. All she wanted to discuss was the problems of the baby butterflies. I left her
there to continue the battle and got back to reading meters.

Now, if that lady had been "normal", there really would be no story and I doubt she'd have
had an old car or that I'd remember anything about that yard, street, or otherwise today.

Character is good.
big m
Posted 2015-01-10 11:23 AM (#467172 - in reply to #226386)

Expert 5K+

On to the rear seat cushions.

Even though the original seats were decimated by rust, they still worked for patterns. I had always been told that the rear seat cushions were convertible specific, but found it to be part true. I removed the hog rings on a coupe seat lower cushion, and placed it next to the remains of the convertible one. They were the same! This was encouraging, as I was not looking forward to making a new one up.

The upper seat back was a different story. It shared nothing with either a coupe or sedan seat.
I was able to salvage the rear backing by welding sections in from another seat cushion, and repairing any rust through. Next, I gathered up enough good springs from a selection of seat cushions, and secured them to the repaired backing. The front frame was pretty much gone, but I used one from a coupe, and modified it to match the rusted sample. Next, all the small springs and securing bands were added, and Voila! Now I have good seat cushions!

('59 SF convertible 002.JPG)

('59 SF convertible 003.JPG)

('59 SF convertible 008.JPG)

('59 SF convertible 009.JPG)

('59 SF convertible 006.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments '59 SF convertible 001.JPG (125KB - 272 downloads)
Attachments '59 SF convertible 002.JPG (124KB - 292 downloads)
Attachments '59 SF convertible 003.JPG (125KB - 283 downloads)
Attachments '59 SF convertible 008.JPG (124KB - 271 downloads)
Attachments '59 SF convertible 009.JPG (125KB - 279 downloads)
Attachments '59 SF convertible 006.JPG (125KB - 272 downloads)
ronbo97
Posted 2015-01-10 11:42 AM (#467173 - in reply to #467172)

Expert

John -

For my 59 Dodge convert, my rear seats were in the same rusty shape as yours. I also discovered that the rear seats were the same for a 2dr HT, while the seat backs were unique.

When I parted out a 59 Sport Fury convert in the early 90s to obtain all the convertible-only parts, I saved the rear seat back for my convert. The dimensions for the Dodge vs. Plymouth seat backs were identical. But the construction was different, with the Dodge having two long bars that slotted into retainers behind the rear seat back, while the Plymouth had 2 or 3 latches that bolt into the body. I removed the retainers and went with the Plymouth setup.

Ron

VAN HELSING
Posted 2015-01-10 8:54 PM (#467221 - in reply to #467173)

Elite Veteran

You are a man of many talents there John !!!!

big m
Posted 2015-02-05 10:55 AM (#469437 - in reply to #226386)

Expert 5K+

I fitted the quarter windows and their associated parts, and everything seems to fit well. They will need adjustment, naturally, after installing the top and door glass. Also, put the sport deck together and mounted it, and drilled the holes for the trunk V. Next, installed the recored radiator, and the re-wound larger Chrysler generator, as well as their belts and hoses, trimmed and flared the trans cooler lines.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments '59 SF convertible 002.JPG (126KB - 276 downloads)
Attachments '59 SF convertible 001.JPG (125KB - 272 downloads)
Attachments '59 SF convertible 001.JPG (126KB - 278 downloads)
PlymouthFury
Posted 2015-02-05 11:55 AM (#469444 - in reply to #226386)

Expert

Very nice! Engine bay looks real good.
dartguy699
Posted 2015-02-05 12:25 PM (#469445 - in reply to #226386)

Regular

john
I am absolutely AMAZED at the skills that you have to restore rusty!! I wish that I had 1/10 of the talent that you have!! I look forward to progress reports and to see the finished product!

jim pring
Matthew Keij
Posted 2015-02-05 12:29 PM (#469446 - in reply to #226386)

Extreme Veteran

Great work John! Can't wait to see it at Carlisle.

Before you go, switch the hoses on the heater valve.
They are connected wrong
FIN ME
Posted 2015-02-05 1:16 PM (#469451 - in reply to #226386)

Expert

WOW, John! Lookin' gooooooooooood!

I agree; you're one talented dude.

big m
Posted 2015-03-03 12:18 PM (#471499 - in reply to #226386)

Expert 5K+

The header bow was next-
Took a year and a half to find a good one, Thanks, Johnny G!

After sandblasting all the convertible top parts, discovered a section was weak and full of rust pinholes. This I cut out, fabricated a repair patch, welded and metal-finished it. Now ready for primer!

Attachments
----------------
Attachments '59 SF convertible 002.JPG (125KB - 262 downloads)
Attachments '59 SF convertible 003.JPG (126KB - 270 downloads)
Attachments '59 SF convertible 004.JPG (124KB - 282 downloads)
big m
Posted 2015-03-03 12:20 PM (#471500 - in reply to #226386)

Expert 5K+

Next was the rearward main top bow. I never could find a replacement, so I cut out the badly rusted areas, welded in new metal. areas that weren't bad enough to replace, I brazed to regain a solid structure. There are still lots of pits, but after blasting, no live rust. Multiple coats of primer and sanding will fill most of the remaining pits.

Next, the readied parts are shot with primer, the pitted ones got multiple coats.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments '59 SF convertible 001.JPG (125KB - 264 downloads)
Attachments '59 SF convertible 002.JPG (125KB - 272 downloads)
Attachments '59 SF convertible 003.JPG (125KB - 281 downloads)
Attachments '59 SF convertible 004.JPG (126KB - 275 downloads)
60 dart
Posted 2015-03-03 4:55 PM (#471532 - in reply to #226386)

Expert 5K+

hey big john , por-15 in a tube is great fill for those pin holes . long ago i liked to braze fill clean pin hole/pitted metal ------------------------------------------------later
big m
Posted 2015-03-03 8:21 PM (#471558 - in reply to #226386)

Expert 5K+

Thanks for the tip, Chuck!

Hoping to have this gal road ready to drive to Carlisle in July!!

---John
LD3 Greg
Posted 2015-03-03 11:30 PM (#471578 - in reply to #471558)

Expert

Good job John! Those folding top parts border on mission impossible! I parted out 3 folding tops to do my car and it still took me an embarrassing number of hours to get the job done ---- and that was many, many years ago!

Greg
oldwood
Posted 2015-03-04 12:09 AM (#471580 - in reply to #471558)

Expert

big m - 2015-03-03 8:21 PM

Thanks for the tip, Chuck!

Hoping to have this gal road ready to drive to Carlisle in July!! No, not another '59 in Carlisle. Houston? We are ready for lift off!!! LMAO

---John

Edited by oldwood 2015-03-04 12:12 AM

(007.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 007.JPG (249KB - 267 downloads)
hemidenis
Posted 2015-03-04 4:23 PM (#471628 - in reply to #226386)
Subject: RE: The Resurrection of 'Rusty' [the '59 Sport Fury]

Expert

Amazing job John, can you ballpark the restoration cost? Is a long time discussion on here how much a restoration really cost?

Thanks
big m
Posted 2015-03-05 3:56 PM (#471699 - in reply to #226386)

Expert 5K+

Denis,

I haven't really kept track of money spent, but a guess would be about $15,000 so far, not including my labor.

---John
jeff b
Posted 2015-03-05 4:59 PM (#471705 - in reply to #226386)

Veteran

John, Have you fired it up yet? Everything looks great....love the color combo,even better that those are the original colors to the car!
bbrasse1
Posted 2015-03-05 5:56 PM (#471709 - in reply to #226386)

Extreme Veteran

Really a great job! You have improved every detail of the car. I have really enjoyed and learned from your work.
oldwood
Posted 2015-03-05 10:07 PM (#471756 - in reply to #226386)

Expert

Once you start spending you can't stop.
big m
Posted 2015-03-07 11:20 AM (#471886 - in reply to #471705)

Expert 5K+

jeff b - 2015-03-05 1:59 PM

John, Have you fired it up yet? Everything looks great....love the color combo,even better that those are the original colors to the car!

Jeff, I still have some things to tie up before starting the car. Hopefully soon, though!
big m
Posted 2015-03-07 11:20 AM (#471887 - in reply to #471709)

Expert 5K+

bbrasse1 - 2015-03-05 2:56 PM

Really a great job! You have improved every detail of the car. I have really enjoyed and learned from your work.

Thanks, Bob!
big m
Posted 2015-03-07 11:21 AM (#471888 - in reply to #471756)

Expert 5K+

oldwood - 2015-03-05 7:07 PM

Once you start spending you can't stop.

Speaking of which, how's your engine work coming along? Hopefully you'll be on the road soon, Dorsey.
wizard
Posted 2015-03-07 12:02 PM (#471892 - in reply to #471699)

Board Moderator & Exner Expert 10K+

big m - 2015-03-05 9:56 PM

Denis,

I haven't really kept track of money spent, but a guess would be about $15,000 so far, not including my labor.

---John

Thats a greate price John, but as you wrote; uncounted amounts of sweat, blood, swearing and just painful work

Perhaps you should call her Phoinix as she raises from the crumbling rust to fid her prior glory again
oldwood
Posted 2015-03-07 12:06 PM (#471894 - in reply to #471888)

Expert

I have a '60 Plymouth sitting in front of my house that I'm thinking of swapping the motor to the '59. It is showing 72k miles and and don't think its 172k miles. Money is tight this winter so I might as well pull it and have a look see. If its a good motor I will update on my '59 thread. You are like me trying to save every old stray that we find. You surely saved that Vert from being another washing machine.
big m
Posted 2015-03-08 12:14 PM (#471976 - in reply to #471894)

Expert 5K+

oldwood - 2015-03-07 9:06 AM

I have a '60 Plymouth sitting in front of my house that I'm thinking of swapping the motor to the '59. It is showing 72k miles and and don't think its 172k miles. Money is tight this winter so I might as well pull it and have a look see. If its a good motor I will update on my '59 thread. You are like me trying to save every old stray that we find. You surely saved that Vert from being another washing machine.

If it seems good, reseal it and replace the timing set, and while you have the pan off, inspect a few bearings.

---John
big m
Posted 2015-03-08 12:15 PM (#471977 - in reply to #471892)

Expert 5K+

wizard - 2015-03-07 9:02 AM

big m - 2015-03-05 9:56 PM

Denis,

---John

Thats a greate price John, but as you wrote; uncounted amounts of sweat, blood, swearing and just painful work

Perhaps you should call her Phoinix as she raises from the crumbling rust to fid her prior glory again

I refuse to try to keep track of hours spent, it would be rather depressing.

---John
wizard
Posted 2015-03-08 1:49 PM (#471984 - in reply to #226386)

Board Moderator & Exner Expert 10K+

I just went back to the first pages John - I can understand you, but don't forget that you have inspired many on the forum by showing that almost anything could be restored.

I have followed this thread with great interest and I know that many others also did. It will be totally awsome to see the pictures of the finished car.
oldwood
Posted 2015-03-08 2:08 PM (#471987 - in reply to #471976)

Expert

big m - 2015-03-08 12:14 PM

oldwood - 2015-03-07 9:06 AM

If it seems good, reseal it and replace the timing set, and while you have the pan off, inspect a few bearings.

---John
It had Oil fouler extentions on all plugs. I'm going to get it to fire off to hear it run and see where I go from here with it. It may just need valve seals. Once I hear it run I'll know the verdict.
big m
Posted 2015-03-10 5:12 PM (#472161 - in reply to #226386)

Expert 5K+

The nice summery weather here lately allowed me to finish sandblasting the swivel seat parts, also the paint its frame and five wheels argent. Painted all the top components and some other items black as well.

('59 SF convertible 005.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments '59 SF convertible 003.JPG (126KB - 243 downloads)
Attachments '59 SF convertible 004.JPG (126KB - 229 downloads)
Attachments '59 SF convertible 005.JPG (126KB - 261 downloads)
big m
Posted 2015-03-17 11:42 AM (#472673 - in reply to #226386)

Expert 5K+

Finally have all the top frame components assembled. Next will be the lift cylinders and pump motor.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments '59 SF convertible 001.JPG (126KB - 247 downloads)
Attachments '59 SF convertible 002.JPG (126KB - 257 downloads)
deloverly
Posted 2015-03-28 10:03 PM (#473725 - in reply to #226386)

Elite Veteran

Here is Rusty (toothless) running today!

deloverly
Posted 2015-03-28 10:05 PM (#473726 - in reply to #226386)

Elite Veteran

Here is Rusty (toothless) running today!  ok i will try to upload thru you tube

Edited by deloverly 2015-03-28 11:09 PM
oldwood
Posted 2015-03-28 10:39 PM (#473728 - in reply to #473726)

Expert

Like most women: A tease!!!
1961plymouthfury
Posted 2015-03-29 2:38 AM (#473733 - in reply to #226386)

Expert

A white convertible top would look excellent on a black car
60 dart
Posted 2015-03-29 4:09 AM (#473735 - in reply to #226386)

Expert 5K+

i seen the short video over on F book . is there a longer version , i hope . even short , it was totally amazing --------------------------------------------------later
60 dart
Posted 2015-03-29 4:11 AM (#473736 - in reply to #226386)

Expert 5K+

from where it was and where it is now , i vote any color top -------------------------------------------------later
Jump to page : < ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
Now viewing page 12 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)