The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So what really happened to Memory Lane show, Rogersville TN?
Moderators: Nathan D. Manning, My57Saratoga

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Local Regions -> Volunteer State RegionMessage format

57PlymouthNC
Posted 2011-05-23 10:38 PM (#273697)
Subject: So what really happened to Memory Lane show, Rogersville TN?

Extreme Veteran

Am really disappointed that one of my favorite car shows, the Memory Lane show in Rogersville, Tennessee, has been cancelled for 2011. It's always held on Memorial Day weekend. Anyone know what _really_ happened? The rumors are floating around on various forums----- the property owner got pi*sed "because of all the trash left on the grounds", the guy whose truck rolled into the creek last year sued the property owner, the hosting car club members "are too old to do it anymore", the car club members who host the event died, somebody-got-mad-at-somebody, lack of interest, etc. You know, when people can't get the facts, they start speculating.
For those of you who don't know about the show, it was held on the grounds where the property owner built his own private "1950's town"....diner, Sears & Roebuck kit house, various period-correct buildings and structures, I heard he added an authentic 50's Plymouth dealership in 2010. Beautiful giant grassy field for the car show site, great selection of cars, great vibe.
So what ~happened~, and has anyone heard anything about future plans to hold the show again?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Doctor DeSoto
Posted 2011-05-24 11:11 AM (#273748 - in reply to #273697)
Subject: RE: So what really happened to Memory Lane show, Rogersville TN?

I read that there wasn't enough sand.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)