The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I reproduce the steering wheel watch mounts now
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> 1955-1961 Forward Look MoPar General DiscussionMessage format

larry354
Posted 2012-02-13 12:50 AM (#307618)
Subject: I reproduce the steering wheel watch mounts now

Call with questions (909)855-7853 Please dont write me.

I reproduce these myself right here in the USA and am the original source for these reproduction parts. These were copied from an original however my parts are true, fit better and the finish is much nicer. When Chrysler had these made they were thrown together very quickly, I took the time to make these how they should have been to begin with. The originals had tolerance problems and inconsistencies with hole patters along with centering/fit issues. Nothing major but if youre going to make them, make them right, right? Their flaws have been corrected and are down to .001 of a inch. These are triple plated - not that junk 2 nickels and a chrome, this is the bright, brilliant CORRECT way to plate with copper nickel chrome. Doesn’t peel and looks great. With much time and patience, tooling and programs these came to be. The fit and finish FAR surpasses the originals in fact if you have an original I challenge you, put them side to side and see how much nicer mine is. Pictures one and two show the clock mounted in a NOS horn ring so you can see the fit of the part and the quality of the chrome plating. Please feel free to call with any sort of questions or quantity orders. Please keep me in mind for your future clock mounting needs. I buy mounts, clocks, and horn rings. I am currently looking to trade my VERY nice Desotomatic Benrus DK 14 steering wheel clock.
These are for 1955-1956 Chrysler 300, Imperial, Newyorker, and Windsor steering wheel clocks/watches. Comes with all the hardware needed such as 3 short screws 3 long screws and 3 washers. Also comes with the "mickey mouse" washer/spacer-(hub centric) and chrome skirt/ring with 6 holes for mounting. This goes in the center of the horn ring after removing the "power steering" medallion, the clock and mounting hardware twists in and out the same way the medallion does. It automatically locates itself and holds itself centered. Please find me on ebay or call for more info or pictures. $200+shipping

Edited by larry354 2012-02-13 12:52 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)