The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gary Goers
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now viewing page 4 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> Vendor DiscussionMessage format

hemidenis
Posted 2014-05-31 11:07 PM (#443260 - in reply to #347041)
Subject: Re: Gary Goers

Expert

even that a lot of guys are defending Gary here, and I do too, because he was always great with me but.............. you just DONT COLLECT PEOPLE CHECKS UNTIL YOU SEND THE MECHANDISE PERIOD!!! or we are getting on Laurie/ SMS territory here. Gary has a bad reputation between Imperial owners too and is going to be impossible to get it back.
what I'm saying if you got sick and can't delivery orders, just refund customers money and everybody will be happy, that's not to much to ask I just don't understand why some of you guys cant get it and keep defending this way of do business.

Edited by hemidenis 2014-05-31 11:53 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
wbower3
Posted 2014-06-01 11:07 AM (#443309 - in reply to #347041)

Walter passed away on Jul 29, 2014. We will miss you, Walt!

If Gary has been great for you, why are you dissing him?
rushpowersystems
Posted 2014-06-01 11:24 AM (#443312 - in reply to #443260)

Extreme Veteran

hemidenis - 2014-05-31 9:07 PM even that a lot of guys are defending Gary here, and I do too, because he was always great with me but.............. you just DONT COLLECT PEOPLE CHECKS UNTIL YOU SEND THE MECHANDISE PERIOD!!! or we are getting on Laurie/ SMS territory here. Gary has a bad reputation between Imperial owners too and is going to be impossible to get it back. what I'm saying if you got sick and can't delivery orders, just refund customers money and everybody will be happy, that's not to much to ask I just don't understand why some of you guys cant get it and keep defending this way of do business.

As a business owner I completely disagree with that statement. No one today stops to think what it takes to run a business, Just watch one episode of Pawn Stars, expert says it is worth $100, owner of the item says I want $120.

At Rush Power Systems we rebuild wiring harnesses and build custom alternators and other electrical products, we don't jobs without at least ½ down and the majority of the time it is paid up front. The reason for this is because in the early days of the company we got burned by a customer, we spent a lot of time and time is money, only to have the customer say “I just decided to get a new car, I don’t need it now” not a though in the world as to what that would do to our company and sadly there are a lot of people out there like that. It sounds like Mr. Goers is producing the products as there is an order, that keeps costs down but increases the lag time and it is rather clear he is passing the savings on.

There is no way I will try to defend the lack of communication, that is just poor business, and /or a case of not letting technology help you. But I have not seen one person complain about his product quality or his honesty, try to get that from your cell company, cable / sat, or just about  any other place today. 

Mike McCandless
Posted 2014-06-01 11:40 AM (#443316 - in reply to #443309)

Expert

wbower3 - 2014-06-01 11:07 AM

If Gary has been great for you, why are you dissing him?

I haven't dissed him but it would have been nice to finish my car this year (300D). Had to set the car to the side and work on other stuff till I get something. It's a big order as it's almost every interior item. Not cheap
57desoto
Posted 2014-06-01 5:54 PM (#443360 - in reply to #443316)

Expert

What I usually do when I correspond with Gary, asking about an item availability, price, or details, is enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope, and keep everything as brief and to the point as possible. I expect Gary to scribble his answer down on the same paper I sent him, stick it back in the SASE envelope, and get it in the mail. All I'm saying is that we need to help ourselves by making things as easy as possible on those with which we do business, especially someone who is in demand and doesn't have a lot of time to deal with "stuff".
bbrasse1
Posted 2014-06-01 6:32 PM (#443369 - in reply to #347041)

Extreme Veteran

I just received part of an order that was large and sent with a check on May 10. He also called me to inform me that the glove box was behind because he had to make them for several orders. The glove box came yesterday and it was perfect! I understand he is having problems and will wait for him because what he sends is exactly what I need. there is no one else. To try to apply current urban business practices to this business will not fly. If you are not willing to wait for parts that are virtually impossible to acquire form anyone else then don't. Go somewhere else if there is someone. I understand the type of business he runs. It is what it is. Itemizing, categorizing and computerizing won't help. This is a small honest guy making good stuff. Unless you are terminal and want to see it before you die then I would suggest mentioning that and he may put you ahead of the pile but otherwise we wait patiently for Gary to send the quality items he hand makes in many cases. I'm waiting for the rest of my order. It may come tomorrow or in the fall. THAT is the type of business he runs.
hemidenis
Posted 2014-06-02 6:44 PM (#443519 - in reply to #347041)

Expert

I’m going to answer this one at the time, but first of all it is never personal, since I don’t know any of you guys.

First of all the only persons that can defend Gary on this matter are person who contacted Jean-Louis Napert and read the e-mail exchange between him and Gary, and is incomprehensible how Gary just decided to ignore this particular order. As a Jean-Louis request I’m not saying nothing else regarding this matter, but Gary answer to my request to this particular problem after just my second Fax.
That a side, first of all Darren if you are one of those Mopar store guys who take $1000 in advance for a job without having a delivery time, not knowing how you are going to do it, or material at hand and even maybe not the tooling, and when your customer got tired of your excuses for more than 2 YEARS and you simple stop to answer his emails “Rush Power Systems “ better be called “Never done power systems” an rest assure that I will never even look at your website, because that is basically what are you defending.

SMS, Brad’s parts, Kanter Speed Unlimited and others tried that stunt with me and they got a f**king surprise. But unfortunately they can easily do it when the customer is overseas.

Now to Gary products:

Rubber parts: if possible get them form somewhere else, his parts are made from, if I’m remember correctly, cold urethane, far to be a quality product, miles away from NOS but only good to cover a hole, and priced accordingly, you get what you pay for. Same goes with the accelerator pedal boot…only better than have the hole and see the road asphalt. Trunk weather strip (1961 Chrysler) useless and hard as a rock, they are others providers for this particular item, I remember Gary every time that I can’t close my trunk also the tie rod end boot is a trully joke p>

Gaskets: if it is not die cutted, forget it, better get the material from him and do it yourself, my 5 years old nephew can do a better job on the heater housing gasket he sold me or the and 61 light gaskets..

Linkage bushings: they went from his box straight to the trash, unusable same with the accelerator-trans linkage grommet.

Decals: some are really nice, others so Pixelated that seems out of a 1980 video game and printed with the same technology.
Those are the worst I saw, but he has great products too, I’m still wonder how his chrome look like.

Mike: yes, no cheap when you add a dozen of items you are above $500.

57Desoto: I do the same, I even print the label for the box for him to attach it.

bbrasse1: show me one paragraph on his catalog when he can predict 2 years delay in a order and I will agree with you 100%.

An for all who had a problem with Gary or dislike a product this is the moment to tell the story.

Edited by hemidenis 2014-06-02 6:51 PM
moissons
Posted 2014-06-11 11:17 PM (#444746 - in reply to #347041)

I did not look at the forum since +- one month. I am grateful to all of you who try their best to help me specialy you Denis .I am still hoping to have my order completed, that is why since then, I have sent 5 yes 5 emails with the same question to Mr Goers, When do you expect to have my interior completed ? At this moment I am still waiting without knowing what is going on. He did not answer any of my email. My $1,000.00 deposit was made more than 2 1/2 years ago
Tanks Jean-Louis Napert.
rushpowersystems
Posted 2014-06-12 12:25 PM (#444826 - in reply to #443519)

Extreme Veteran

hemidenis - 2014-06-02 4:44 PM

First of all the only persons that can defend Gary on this matter are person who contacted Jean-Louis Napert and read the e-mail exchange between him and Gary, and is incomprehensible how Gary just decided to ignore this particular order. As a Jean-Louis request I’m not saying nothing else regarding this matter, but Gary answer to my request to this particular problem after just my second Fax.
That a side, first of all Darren if you are one of those Mopar store guys who take $1000 in advance for a job without having a delivery time, not knowing how you are going to do it, or material at hand and even maybe not the tooling, and when your customer got tired of your excuses for more than 2 YEARS and you simple stop to answer his emails “Rush Power Systems “ better be called “Never done power systems” an rest assure that I will never even look at your website, because that is basically what are you defending.

Wow you are an angry little man with an inability to read.

I think it is great that you are trying to help the guy but you are doing it because you have a personal problem with Mr. Goers and you want to make him look bad. I don’t have a dog in the fight so I don’t care.

I was pointing out that it stupid and foolish to think someone should expect custom work to be completed prior to payment. It is clear that you know a better way, so tool up and open your business, and if you have some lame excuse for why you can then keep your mouth shut on other people’s business.

I clearly stated there is no excuse for lack of communication, and it does not happen in my company. We are not a “Mopar” shop, we build and rebuild electrical products for cars, trucks, motorcycles, and boats from around the world, everything form supercars, vintage, to custom one of prototypes.  But the cool thing about owning a company is I can jack the price up on people I don’t like, in other words, you are not welcome at my site so don’t go there. As for you, hemoroidenis, bas***dizing my company name, F-you. 

hemidenis
Posted 2014-06-14 4:37 PM (#445109 - in reply to #347041)

Expert

Darren I told you it is nothing personal, I don't know you and don't worry I don't need nothing from you either, and if you read my post before I DONT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH GARY, IN FACT HE WAS ALWAYS DID GOOD TO ME.
And if you want to help Jean-Louis just send a fax to Gary asking why is 2 1/2 years since his deposit was made, instead to waste you energy criticizing me.
moissons
Posted 2014-07-11 6:25 PM (#448791 - in reply to #347041)

To everyboby who might be interested ,here is the latest update to my order. I have not received any messages, news, letters of any kind from Mr Goers. I do not care if he decide he do not want to fill my order anymore, but I do not give him my deposit of $1,000.00 . After 2 1/2 years I have lost all my confidance with that man. He is now on my black list . I have kept all the emails and letters that I have sent to him . The only thing I want now, is to recover my deposit. As I am not a US resident I dont know if I will be able to get it back. If any of you know how, please let me know .
Mike McCandless
Posted 2014-07-19 12:51 PM (#449671 - in reply to #347041)

Expert

Has been 8 months since I sent my order, which was around 4k I think. Anyone else do 300D interior components?
soiouz
Posted 2014-08-11 11:32 AM (#452436 - in reply to #347041)
Subject: RE: Gary Goers

Expert

Anybody been successful at contacting Gary the last few weeks??
Darryl T
Posted 2014-08-11 1:08 PM (#452453 - in reply to #452436)

Extreme Veteran

soiouz - 2014-08-11 8:32 AM

I have sent 3 orders to Gary since February and all 3 have been filled, the last a couple weeks ago. But emails have gone unanswered. I will be sending another order soon.
soiouz
Posted 2014-08-11 1:15 PM (#452454 - in reply to #452453)

Expert

Darryl T - 2014-08-11 1:08 PM

soiouz - 2014-08-11 8:32 AM

I have sent 3 orders to Gary since February and all 3 have been filled, the last a couple weeks ago. But emails have gone unanswered. I will be sending another order soon.

Ok thanks, that's reassuring!
61ChryslerMan
Posted 2014-11-10 10:00 PM (#461531 - in reply to #347041)

Extreme Veteran

I sent Gary a couple of emails because I need some info on how to order the whiskers for my car. I have not heard back. I thought I would get the answer and then send my complete order. You all gave me a different idea.

I am going to mail in an order of what I have #s and prices for with the money for that and enclose a request for him to explain what I need for whiskers. Hopefully he will send me the parts along with how I need to order the whiskers.

Yeah. Fingers crossed.
imopar380
Posted 2014-11-10 10:56 PM (#461532 - in reply to #461531)

Expert 5K+

Yeah, the best way is just to send in the order with the money and he'll fill it. He will always refund you on mistakes or stuff he doesn't have in stock as well. He's not especially good at keeping up with Email. I normally fax my orders in to him and then pay via Paypal and also include the extra % amount that Paypal charges him. He has never failed me on an order in the 30 years I've been buying from him.
56300B
Posted 2014-11-11 1:56 PM (#461583 - in reply to #461532)

Extreme Veteran

I talked to Gary a couple of days ago and here's the bottom line - don't expect a response to emails you send. You may not think it is a modern way of doing business or communicating but the best approach is to fax or mail an order form with payment. Gary said he hasn't checked his emails since the 300 Club national meet this past summer. As mentioned, he will fill your hardcopy order that he has received when he can and refund any overpayment if there is one. He has recovered enough to put in a full day so the ordering process should be getting better for those things he has in stock. For the items he has to make, you will have to wait until he makes them. This is one of those one man Mopar operations that has been assisting our hobby for decades and will be greatly missed when it ends so try to make the best of it while it is available. I have always gotten my orders filled over the years and sometimes it takes longer than I would like but that's what I choose to do and I don't bother to call, email, or fax him to get an update on the order status knowing he does what he can when he can.
d500dodge59
Posted 2014-11-12 2:58 PM (#461673 - in reply to #461583)

Veteran

I think everyboudy have to give gary a break hi is doing his best but his body will slow things down but if everybody that complains ower him starts to think what can i reproduse to help up this hobby and step outh of the computer for some time there want be any parts made in here so guys keep up some good work now JAN
moissons
Posted 2014-11-12 10:38 PM (#461709 - in reply to #347041)

Update to my order. I am back to my Florida home for the winter, yes I am a snowbird from Canada. A big surprise was waiting for me downhere. When I openned the mail box, there was two letters who I dont know why was in my mail box .All the others letters was rerouted to my canadian address execpt these two, one was my city taxes bill and the other was from Gary Goers both mailed in may . Mr Goers had used the pre addressed and stamped envelope that I allready include in a long time previous message sent to him to inquire about my order. Anyway Inside the envelope was a check of $1000.00 for the deposit of my interior. Here I just want to let you know that Mr Goers as returned me my deposit. But I still dont know why he never ever answer any of the multiple letters or messages that I have sent him. for now 3 years There was not even a word to tell me why he was unable to complete my order. only the check Inside the envelope. I am in the grain market and if I had work with my clients the way he acted with me , I can tell you that I had ran out of business since long. I am too a small family owned company and I keep in mind that it is my clients who make my living so I take the time to answer them . Anyway good luck to all of you, for me that experience is comming to an end and I am ready to turn the page . Once again I did not lost money with Mr Goers, only 3 years to complete a car . Jean-Louis
hemidenis
Posted 2014-11-14 10:55 PM (#461886 - in reply to #347041)

Expert

Great Jean-Louis,
I hope my inquires to Gary and some others helpful members on this forum help you a bit on this matter.

Edited by hemidenis 2014-11-14 10:56 PM
1961plymouthfury
Posted 2014-11-21 9:32 PM (#462468 - in reply to #347041)

Expert

I got my parking brake handle for my '61 from Gary Goers, I filled out an order form and sent a personal check. I got the handle and now its installed on were it goes

Edited by 1961plymouthfury 2014-11-21 9:33 PM
miquelonbrad
Posted 2014-11-25 10:42 PM (#462829 - in reply to #347041)

Expert

I finally received most of my order from Gary...a few things are back ordered...
Adventurer 60
Posted 2014-11-27 10:41 AM (#462949 - in reply to #461673)

Elite Veteran

d500dodge59 - 2014-11-12 2:58 PM

I think everyboudy have to give gary a break hi is doing his best but his body will slow things down but if everybody that complains ower him starts to think what can i reproduse to help up this hobby and step outh of the computer for some time there want be any parts made in here so guys keep up some good work now JAN

Jan, why would'nt you (meaning you swedish fwlk-enthusiasts) get together and buy mr. Goerses business, connections etc. + your own things you got now and get it real business.
You already reproduce some very hi quality parts, You know everything of these cars, You got most of these cars in your garages and you buy most of the projects that are for sale in US I've seen you all selling parts at Power Meet so you gotta like it. It is your concern now. World is small and if you think about shipping costs, it is not so much that it would harm world wide business. You could produce parts in bigger scale. For example tie rod ends cost about 180 dollars per pair if you are lucky to find one. Making them in China it cost 4000 dollars/1000 items. 8 dollars per pair, there gotta be business opportunity.
You can also sew interiors and cast plastic even labor is more expensive, or there are low labor cost countries in Europe too.
61ChryslerMan
Posted 2014-11-28 2:27 PM (#463019 - in reply to #347041)

Extreme Veteran

Good news and bad news with Gary. I sent him an order for $250 in parts along with a request for help on whiskers. Two weeks later I got all the parts but no help with the whiskers.
ronbo97
Posted 2014-11-29 3:10 PM (#463105 - in reply to #463019)

Expert

I send Gary an order on Nov. 10. It arrived today. Everything was there and in good shape. Thanks Gary !

Ron

Andy1974
Posted 2014-12-01 9:57 AM (#463285 - in reply to #347041)

Regular

Me also got a reply on a 15 weeks old order. He was on a long "time out", but back on business again. He is sorting hundreds of orders and apologizes that he is not able to care individually for each customer. All the emails and requests have become a time consuming burden for him. Please be patient, he´s the last of his kind. Try your best finding the correct parts you need from his catalogue for yourself.

Edited by Andy1974 2014-12-01 9:58 AM
di_ch_NY56
Posted 2014-12-14 5:31 AM (#464592 - in reply to #347041)

Expert

I ordered a set of front suspension cushions for the upper and lower wishbones and a set of fender (inner to outer) weatherstrip on December 5th. I sent a fax (I got a confirmatioin that the fax was sent successfully) and within few minutes I sent the amount including surcharges (paypal) and shipping costs to Gary. Until now I didn't get a parcel nor anything else. I'm hoping.

Happy Motoring

Dieter

BTW: Yeah, I know, it's only one week now after I put my order to Gary. So I'll wait for at least one more week according the latest messages of this thread. I wish Gary all the best for him, fast recovery, no more pain in his leg, ankle or foot and superb health.

Edited by di_ch_NY56 2014-12-14 5:52 AM
bbrasse1
Posted 2014-12-14 11:12 AM (#464612 - in reply to #347041)

Extreme Veteran

I waited about 3 weeks after I sent my order with payment. The parts he has in stock go right out but the ones he has to make take longer.
imopar380
Posted 2014-12-14 8:44 PM (#464648 - in reply to #464592)

Expert 5K+

di_ch_NY56 - 2014-12-14 2:31 AM

I ordered a set of front suspension cushions for the upper and lower wishbones and a set of fender (inner to outer) weatherstrip on December 5th. I sent a fax (I got a confirmatioin that the fax was sent successfully) and within few minutes I sent the amount including surcharges (paypal) and shipping costs to Gary. Until now I didn't get a parcel nor anything else. I'm hoping.

Happy Motoring

Dieter

BTW: Yeah, I know, it's only one week now after I put my order to Gary. So I'll wait for at least one more week according the latest messages of this thread. I wish Gary all the best for him, fast recovery, no more pain in his leg, ankle or foot and superb health.

Dieter, you will get it ... plan to be patient. With Christmas mail rush and you being in Europe it will take a while.
di_ch_NY56
Posted 2014-12-26 2:56 PM (#465885 - in reply to #464648)

Expert

imopar380 - 2014-12-14 2:44 AM
di_ch_NY56 - 2014-12-14 2:31 AM

Happy Motoring

Dieter

Dieter, you will get it ... plan to be patient. With Christmas mail rush and you being in Europe it will take a while.

Merry Christmas Ian - even it's alreadey St. Stevens Day

I know - the only way is to be patient. The front suspension of my 1956 Chrysler NY 2d HT is completely disassebled now for weeks. I don't know if I'll get the cushions early next year. In the meantime...

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Dieter

hemidenis
Posted 2014-12-26 6:14 PM (#465897 - in reply to #347041)

Expert

Dieter, I waited more than a month last time from my order to arrive, and I'm very close to Gary. Europe? Make the math bud.

Denis
firedome
Posted 2014-12-27 4:43 PM (#465979 - in reply to #465897)

Expert

Stop complaining already Denis... you know what the deal is based on others experience here when you order, so if you don't like the service time ...don't order!!

Edited by firedome 2014-12-27 4:44 PM
di_ch_NY56
Posted 2015-01-21 1:10 PM (#468208 - in reply to #347041)

Expert

I didn't expect it anmymore, I couldn't believe, but today I got it.

Happy Motoring!

Dieter

firedome
Posted 2015-01-21 2:25 PM (#468217 - in reply to #468208)

Expert

I totally believe it.
d500neil
Posted 2015-01-23 4:13 AM (#468371 - in reply to #468217)

Exner Expert 19,174 posts. Neil passed away 18 Sep 2015. You will be missed, Neil!

Just as a point of interest, last week sent Gary an e-mail, asking him to sell/send me two sets of the hardtop "flocked"
1/4 window glass vertical weatherstrips...along with an invoice for them.

Nothing else; just that request, via e-mail.

Edited by d500neil 2015-01-23 4:18 AM
Darryl T
Posted 2015-01-23 3:46 PM (#468420 - in reply to #347041)

Extreme Veteran

I have sent 6 orders to Gary, starting last March. The first 3, and the 5th one, were each delivered in 1-2 months which I figured was adequate as I was ordering way ahead of need. For some reason the 4th order, from September, and last one, from October, have not been received. E-mails to Gary have gotten no response. More recently I have sent faxes, again with no response. Wednesday I discovered that the convertible roof rail seals he sent from my initial order are incorrect, consisting of 8 pieces instead of 6. I sent them back to him yesterday, and now will be waiting to see how and when he responds to that. I wish I had a phone number for him but don't.
61ChryslerMan
Posted 2015-01-23 11:31 PM (#468452 - in reply to #347041)

Extreme Veteran

I gave up and got my whiskers and channel elsewhere. If you can't help me, you are getting out of the way.
Darryl T
Posted 2015-01-28 8:29 PM (#468851 - in reply to #468420)

Extreme Veteran

Darryl T - 2015-01-23 12:46 PM

I have sent 6 orders to Gary, starting last March. The first 3, and the 5th one, were each delivered in 1-2 months which I figured was adequate as I was ordering way ahead of need. For some reason the 4th order, from September, and last one, from October, have not been received. E-mails to Gary have gotten no response. More recently I have sent faxes, again with no response. Wednesday I discovered that the convertible roof rail seals he sent from my initial order are incorrect, consisting of 8 pieces instead of 6. I sent them back to him yesterday, and now will be waiting to see how and when he responds to that.

Update - Gary called me today and explained that he had held up my orders waiting on a material supplier (for the trunk liner). I asked that he just backorder that part and ship the rest, which he agreed to do. As for the roof rail seals, he thought they were correct and that I didn't understand how they fit, which I guess is possible even though the originals were 6 pieces and the replacements are 8. He will check them and correct if necessary.
Darryl T
Posted 2015-02-06 9:07 PM (#469522 - in reply to #347041)

Extreme Veteran

Final update - today received the balance of my orders from Gary, including the trunk liner. And it turns out the 8 piece roof rail seal was correct, he just had failed to include his instruction sheet that explains why it is made that way. All is good, for my orders at least.
big m
Posted 2015-02-10 11:59 AM (#469782 - in reply to #347041)

Expert 5K+

Great news!!

I placed an order with Gary last month, and am looking forward to receiving it.

---John
Mope R. Geezer
Posted 2015-02-20 9:11 PM (#470561 - in reply to #347041)

Expert

i placed an order with Gary in mid-January this year.  My check was cashed about two weeks later.  Then my merchandise arrived a little over two weeks after that.  Since I've been following this thread, I ordered ahead of when I'd actually need the products so I was not inconvenienced.  I was impressed with the merchandise and how well it was packaged for shipping.  Thanks, Gary. 

Billohio
Posted 2015-02-22 2:27 PM (#470663 - in reply to #347041)

Regular

I have 2 orders with Gary. The first was 11/14, second 12/7. Both checks were cashed which he was saving a set of seat covers for me. He sent me a letter that was helpful after the first order stating he was having some carpel tunnel problems. Most of it isn't needed right away but would like to have the covers on by summer. Seems like a good guy. Not sure why orders month and a half after mine are already filled tho
Billohio
Posted 2015-03-13 10:22 PM (#472422 - in reply to #347041)

Regular

I got pretty much all of the November order yesterday. No seat covers yet. Gary makes some good stuff.
di_ch_NY56
Posted 2015-03-15 3:35 PM (#472552 - in reply to #347041)

Expert

First of March I sent a fax with the order of one flocked glove box to Gary. This time I was a little bit short of the amount I transferred at paypal. I wonder if I'll get a mail once if the amount was enough or not.

For the new interior of my Letter I think I have to look for another solution (e.g. local car saddler or Sweden)

Happy Motoring!

Dieter

di_ch_NY56
Posted 2015-03-20 1:05 PM (#472974 - in reply to #347041)

Expert

Today I gotta the glove box. Thank you very much Gary for the fast processing and shipping.

Kind regards

Dieter

Andy1974
Posted 2015-03-22 2:37 PM (#473143 - in reply to #347041)

Regular

Got my order from November last week. 50 rubber and other weatherstrip parts for a 61 Chrysler Newport Station Wagon and 15 parts for a 58 Plymouth. Nearly $1000 together. We also sent him some steel parts that were embedded in some of the rubber parts. He needed them for reusing in the new ones.
Communication was a bit difficult. I always had to send mails also via FAX. Otherwise Gary maybe would not have seen it. He said his email box is chaotic. He cannot differentiate if it is mail from a customer, spam or something else. I always wrote on the FAX the accompanying date and time of the email. So he could find it and reply.
All in all, Gary is a very good guy. Everything came out fine. Regarding his health problems he is still doing a good job.
Mike McCandless
Posted 2015-03-29 8:34 PM (#473822 - in reply to #347041)

Expert

It has been a long time since my dad ordered anything from him. I'm reading conflicting reports on quality of parts. Could use some lens's and seat covers for a 300. I've seen the legendary seat covers for sale, but have no idea of the quality. Any feedback?
ronbo97
Posted 2015-03-29 9:28 PM (#473826 - in reply to #473822)

Expert

From what I've heard, Legendary is comparable quality to Gary's. I think Legendary's price is more, though.

Not sure if everyone's aware, but Gary's been sending out a letter with orders, outlining his medical issues, price changes, and that he will be shutting down from May 1 thru Oct 1. I scanned the letter into Word format. Hopefully I'll be able to upload it here. Two pages total.

Ron

Attachments
----------------
Attachments GaryGoers1.doc (16KB - 276 downloads)
Attachments GaryGoers2.doc (12KB - 238 downloads)
Billohio
Posted 2015-03-31 9:45 AM (#473951 - in reply to #347041)

Regular

Lenses are getting difficult. Gary was getting some from Europe and they seem to have quit making them. He was out of the front parking/turn signals for a 61 G
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now viewing page 4 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)