The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is it and where does it go? 1958 Plymouth
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Heating, Cooling and Air ConditioningMessage format

Bloodhound
Posted 2015-01-11 10:09 PM (#467328)
Subject: What is it and where does it go? 1958 Plymouth

Extreme Veteran

This particular item has me stumped. When I got my factory AC system this drainage, spash or deflector tray/shield was included with the parts. It was badly corroded and rusted through which leads me to believe it was constantly or continually exposed to water or moisture. It is now restored but for the life of me I am unable to determine where it goes, what it's for or how it's mounted! Any help would be most appreciated!

photo DSC03675_zps95d74681.jpg

photo DSC03674_zps1f7d44e5.jpg

photo DSC03673_zps15c5b463.jpg
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ARIZONA-CLASSIC
Posted 2015-11-26 11:15 AM (#496232 - in reply to #467328)
Subject: RE: What is it and where does it go? 1958 Plymouth

Veteran

It's been years since we worked with an A/C unit on an old Mopar car so I can be wrong but I think it mounts to the outside of the firewall on A/C cars.
If you remove the complete heater box unit in the engine compartment you'll see a large hole in the firewall and I think the sheet metal panel mounts to the top of that hole on an A/C car.
We are going to install a factory A/C on a 1957 DeSoto convertible we are restoring for a customer so I'll have reason to study this shortly and I should know if my memory serves me right or not.
We have 2 1957 New Yorker firewalls saved from A/C cars we parted out years ago so we do have them to go by.
If you need pictures or anything else I will be happy to check on the firewalls at the shop.
Bo.
Chrispy
Posted 2016-03-21 4:45 PM (#507522 - in reply to #467328)
Subject: Re: What is it and where does it go? 1958 Plymouth

Extreme Veteran

That goes on the bottom of the outlet for the interior distribution duct. Directly under the controls if i remember correctly.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)