The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

US Veterans Car Shows - one this weekend 6/25!
Moderators: Lancer Mike

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Local Regions -> Rocky Mountain RegionMessage format

Lancer Mike
Posted 2016-06-23 11:43 AM (#514854)
Subject: US Veterans Car Shows - one this weekend 6/25!

Ivy Richards passed this along from Anne Brinkman.  I will post it in the events calendar too, but these events are coming up so fast - thought I had better create a new thread!

Hi all -

There are upcoming car shows at two Colorado Veterans Homes that I hope you consider attending.  The veterans love coming outside, seeing all the motor vehicles of all types and interacting with you.  Both shows offer a light lunch.

The first show is this coming Saturday, June 25th at the Colorado Veterans Home at Fitzsimons.  This is the 3rd Annual Show and keeps getting bigger and busier every year!  Long-time club member Lee Shurtleff is helping coordinate the show and would love to have a BIG attendance from Mopars!

There's a small fee for registration - the proceeds benefit the Veterans Donation Fund which helps fund programs to benefit veterans and their families throughout our state.

Access the car show is off of Peoria (effectively the building's west entrance - NOT the main entrance)  The show runs 8-12 noon, move-in 7-9.

The second show is July 2 at the Bruce McCandless Veterans Community Living Center at Florence, CO.  This show is FREE and is being coordinated by our sister club - Southern Colorado Mopar.  I have gone multiple years and can tell you it is well worth it.  You get to enjoy a very scenic drive and visit Veterans in a home that's off the beaten path.  The veterans and the staff are soooo grateful.  See the flyer for more details.

- (sorry) couldn't attach the flyer!  Call John Rhodes 719.201.9622 or Ron Robert 719.528.8046 or Sam Ayars at 719.494.6688

And when you talk to those older Veterans and their wives, don't forget to thank them for their service!

Anne

Anne B. Brinkman

Attachments
----------------
Attachments VET_Florence Home_Show_Flyer-2016.pdf (229KB - 234 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Sonoramic60
Posted 2016-06-25 10:37 PM (#515138 - in reply to #514854)
Subject: RE: US Veterans Car Shows - one this weekend 6/25!

Expert

Mike --
The drive down CO-115 from Colorado Springs to Florence does make for a leisurely cruise for a good cause. I hope to tag along this year although it is somewhat doubtful if I can take either the BTB or Ol' MD2.
Joe

Edited by Sonoramic60 2016-06-25 10:40 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)