The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Driveshaft Update
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Transmission and Rear AxleMessage format

J97_Imperial
Posted 2016-07-28 2:10 AM (#517796)
Subject: Driveshaft Update

Veteran

Hey all,
After many weeks and much confusion, my driveshaft is finally finished being upgraded to a slip yoke design. I'm not here to talk bad about any shops, however, the first shop that I took my driveshaft to both was not good on communicating, and also left me with an unfinished product for about 100 dollars more than they originally quoted me. NOW, the biggest confusion was the flange I needed to order for the front of my driveshaft. In case anyone is wondering, the flange number for the a466 transmissions with the 3.25 bolt circle and 4 inch pilot is a Powertrain industries 3102-40. I know the 904 transmissions use a Spicer 2-2-349 flange. Some driveshaft places (the first one I went to is an example) might say that a Spicer 2-2-249 flange would fit my a466 with some modification. While that may be true, I wouldn't trust my flange to be drilled out and modified. Make sure to use a 1310 slip yoke (that's what both the 3102-40 and the Spicer flanges I listed use.) the spline shaft i used was 1.375 inches and the specific slip yoke I used in combination was a Spicer 2-3-8001kx. While I am not going to mention the name of the original place I took the driveshaft, I will recommend that if you are in the Houston area needing this work done, use C&T Driveshaft on griggs road. He did a good job with the parts that I needed corrected and had me going in no time. I hope this information gains some use for some of the people out there looking to modify their driveshafts so that they wont be very lacking on information as I was.

Pics will come soon

Jacob

Edited by J97_Imperial 2016-07-28 2:12 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mikes2nd
Posted 2016-07-28 12:22 PM (#517819 - in reply to #517796)
Subject: Re: Driveshaft Update

Expert 5K+

You didnt buy the kit from that one company?

What was part cost and the parts list? what was labor?
J97_Imperial
Posted 2016-07-28 11:45 PM (#517873 - in reply to #517819)
Subject: Re: Driveshaft Update

Veteran

mikes2nd - 2016-07-28 11:22 AM

You didnt buy the kit from that one company?

What was part cost and the parts list? what was labor?

I didn't even know there was a company that sold the whole kit. In total, from the first place, I was charged 450 dollars even though they originally told me it would be around 320. They also kept it for about 3 times longer than they should have due to severe lack of communication. The second place I was just really charged for the slip yoke itself and that was 78. I know I really got the run around, the shaft, and whatever else you want to call it. However, I really was so annoyed that I was glad it was finally done and installed yesterday. Any reputable driveshaft shop shouldn't really have a problem putting one of these together within a week or two as long as you actually get correct communication with the employees. I attempted to do so with the first shop, even submitting exactly what I wanted done in writing, but it took basically a month to receive only a 75% finished driveshaft.

Jacob
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)