The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Highway HI FI records some of the rae numbers for sale.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Swap Meet -> For Sale - LITERATURE and COLLECTIBLESMessage format

roadkillontheweb
Posted 2016-08-27 7:10 PM (#519966)
Subject: Highway HI FI records some of the rae numbers for sale.

Expert

Just purchased another collection of records and will be offering them for sale shortly.
Here is the list of numbers I have just acquired. I believe I have another box set of the first 6 available also.
Records are in good shape but some of the sleeves have water damage.

MR1
JR3
CR4
CR5
MR6
CR9
CR12
CR14
CR15
CR23
JR30
JR31
JR32
JR33
CR34
CR36
Top of the page Bottom of the page
roadkillontheweb
Posted 2016-08-27 7:17 PM (#519967 - in reply to #519966)
Subject: Re: Highway HI FI records some of the rae numbers for sale.

Expert

Here are the titles.
MR 1° SIDE 1: Tchaikovsky: SYMPHONY NO. 6 IN B MINOR (Pathetique) -- Philadelphia Orchestra, Eugene Ormandy, conductor.
SIDE 2: Borodin: Polovtsian Dances 1, 2, 3, 4 (from Prince Igor) -- Ippolitov-Ivanov: Procession of the Sardar (from Caucasian Sketches) -- Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra of New York -- Dimitri Mitropoulos, conductor.

JR 3° WALT DISNEY'S DAVY CROCKETT -- KING OF THE WILD FRONTIER -- featuring Fess Parker and Buddy Ebsen, orchestra conducted by George Bruno: Davy Crockett -- Indian Fighter; Davy Crockett Goes to Congress; Davy Crockett At The Alamo. CHAMPION (The Horse No Man Could Ride) -- Gene Autry, with supporting cast.

CR 4° SIDE 1: ROMANTIC MOODS -- Percy Faith and His Orchestra: I'll Take Romance, The Girl That I Marry, Carousel Waltz, The Nearness Of You, plus six other mood favorites.
SIDE 2: QUIET JAZZ -- Paul Weston and His Orchestra: My Funny Valentine, Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea, Skylark, Georgia On My Mind, with six more quiet jazz gems.

CR 5° SIDE 1: MUSIC OF COLE PORTER -- André Kostelanetz and His Orchestra: Begin The Beguine, In The Still Of The Night, Night And Day, and five more Porter favorites.
SIDE 2: MUSIC OF VICTOR HERBERT -- André Kostelanetz and His Orchestra: Ah! Sweet Mystery Of Life, March Of The Toys, Kiss Me Again, Indian Summer, plus fifteen other Victor Herbert melodies that will live forever.

MR 6° PAUL GREGORY PRESENTS THE FIRST DRAMA QUARTETTE -- starring Charles Boyer, Cedric Hardwicke, Charles Laughton, Agnes Moorehead in Bernard Shaw's DON JUAN IN HELL -- directed by Charles Laughton.

CR 9 SIDE 1: SOUNDSTAGE (Hi Fi From Hollywood) -- Paul Weston and His Orchestra: Gone With The Wind, Love Letters, Duel In The Sun, The Song Of Bernadette, A Streetcar Named Desire, For Whom The Bell Tolls, and six more movie-made hits.
SIDE 2: MUSIC FOR A RAINY NIGHT -- Paul Weston and His Orchestra: I'll Remember April, Soon, Fools Rush In, I Can't Get Started, plus eight more great musical moods.

CR 12 SIDE 1: FAMOUS OPERETTAS -- Morton Gould and His Orchestra: Lehar, The Merry Widow -- Friml, The Vagabond King -- Kern, The Cat and The Fiddle -- Oscar Strauss, A Waltz Dream -- Kalman, Sari.
SIDE 2: SYMPHONIC SERENADE -- Morton Gould and the Rochester "Pops" Orchestra: VICTOR HERBERT -- SUITE OF SERENADES, ALBERT KETELBEY: In A Monastery Garden, In A Persian Market, In A Chinese Temple-Garden.

CR 14* SIDE 1: BLACK MAGIC -- André Kostelanetz and His Orchestra: That Old Black Magic, Our Waltz, Limehouse Blues, Easy To Love, with four other famous Kosty arrangements.
SIDE 2: MUSIC OF IRVING BERLIN -- André Kostelanetz and His Orchestra: Say It With Music, Blue Skies, Always, Cheek to Cheek, Say It Isn't So, plus fourteen more Berlin classics.

CR 15 SIDE 1: HOW HI THE FI -- A Buck Clayton Jam Session Featuring Woody Herman: How Hi The Fi, Blue Moon.
SIDE 2: A Buck Clayton Jam Session Featuring Woody Herman: Sentimental Journey, Moten Swing.

MR 23 SIDE 1: Bizet: Carmen, Opera For Orchestra. André Kostelanetz and His Orchestra.
SIDE 2: Bravo: André Kostelanetz conducting the Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra of New York: Prokofiev, The Love For Three Oranges March -- Tchaikovsky, None But The Lonely Heart -- Toch, Circus Overture -- Boccherini, Menuet Du Quintette -- Tchaikovsky, March Miniature -- Rachmaninoff, Vocalise.

JR 30* SIDE 1: TIGER (Bring 'Em Back Alive) (Story adapted by Peter Steele and Hecky Krasno from Frank Buck's "Bring 'Em Back Alive"); FRANK BUCK -- Merrill E. Joels, narrator, with supporting cast. Vocals by the Southernaires. Orchestra conducted by Spencer Odom -- RHUMPY THE RHINO. Craig McDonnell as Rhumpy, Karl Weber, narrator, with supporting cast and orchestra.
SIDE 2: SLUGGER AT THE BAT (Story by Peter Lyon and Peter Steele) (Music by Morris Surdin) with Jackie Robinson and Pee Wee Reese with supporting cast. Carl Frank, narrator -- HOOK AND LADDER NO. 99: Authentic fire engine sounds and story -- ALL ABOARD A COVERED WAGON with Mr. I. Magination, musical story. Paul Tripp as Mr. I. Magination. Orchestra conducted by Ray Carter. Children: Judith Gail Krasno, Karen Eisenberg.

JR 31* SIDE 1: ROCKY JONES AND THE SPACE PIRATES: Story with Sound Effects -- SHIPWRECKED ON PLANET X: Rocky Jones with Supporting Cast -- SPACE SHIP TO MARS: Paul Tripp as Mr. I. Magination.
SIDE 2: SKYLINER 35: Authentic sounds.

JR 32* SIDE 1: TWENTY THOUSAND LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA. Jules Verne. Adaptation, Charles Dexter -- Narration, Raymond Edward Johnson (Beginning).
SIDE 2: TWENTY THOUSAND LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA. Jules Verne. Adaptation, Charles Dexter -- Narration, Raymond Edward Johnson.

JR 33* SIDE 1: FAMOUS FAIRY TALES OF HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN. Adaptation, Charles Dexter -- Narration, Raymond Edward Johnson: The Emperor's New Clothes, Red Shoes.
SIDE 2: FAMOUS FAIRY TALES OF HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN. Adaptation, Charles Dexter -- Narration, Raymond Edward Johnson: The Ugly Duckling, Princess and the Pea, Tin Soldier.

CR 34 SIDE 1: MELODIES FROM BROADWAY -- Lee Raine and His Orchestra. Sixteen great hits from famous Broadway musicals. Such as Summertime (from Porgy and Bess), You'll Never Walk Alone (Carousel) and The Girl That I Marry (Annie Get Your Gun).
SIDE 2: MELODIES FROM HOLLYWOOD -- Lee Raine and His Orchestra. Fourteen movieland greats including such masterpieces as Cheek To Cheek, Pennies From Heaven, Let's Fall In Love and Over The Rainbow.

CR 36 FOR YOUR LISTENING PLEASURE -- Lee Raine and His Orchestra: Dancing In The Dark, Love Is The Sweetest Thing, Flamingo, I'll Remember April, Stormy Weather, Smoke Gets In You Eyes and twenty-five other top melodies for your listening pleasure.
Mike McCandless
Posted 2016-08-27 8:55 PM (#519968 - in reply to #519966)

Expert

Are the records universal to all of the players? I know little about them?
roadkillontheweb
Posted 2016-08-27 10:54 PM (#519978 - in reply to #519966)

Expert

These are the 16 2/3RPM records made for the Highway HI FI player in 1956 and 57 Chrysler products.

Edited by roadkillontheweb 2016-08-28 8:18 AM
roadkillontheweb
Posted 2016-10-16 2:43 PM (#523573 - in reply to #519978)

Expert

I have the collection listed on Ebay under seller roadkillontheweb including some additional records from the closet.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)