The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Heading to Southern California (LA and south) soon. Any recommendations?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Announcements -> Forward Look & Other Mopar EventsMessage format

56D500boy
Posted 2017-04-12 11:59 AM (#537960)
Subject: Heading to Southern California (LA and south) soon. Any recommendations?

Expert 5K+

Car shows? Swap meets? Wrecking yards? (not Big M = too far north, not going there).

Car museums? Not the Petersen (closed for renos(??))

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mel
Posted 2017-04-12 4:48 PM (#537979 - in reply to #537960)
Subject: Re: Heading to Southern California (LA and south) soon. Any recommendations?

Veteran

What month are you coming? Stuff is always going on. Check out this site for a fairly complete calendar:
http://www.socalcarculture.com/events.html

The Pomona, Long Beach Performance, and So Cal Cycle (motorcycle & bicycle) swap meets are my personal picks.

The Petersen is open again. It has changed a lot. Very much worth the trip. Depending on when you visit, they have a small swap on the weekends. I have found some obscure parts there.

The Automobile Driving Museum in El Segundo is small, but some cool stuff to see. They have several years worth of Chilton's available and can touch most of the cars there so it can be good for research
56D500boy
Posted 2017-04-12 5:04 PM (#537982 - in reply to #537979)
Subject: Re: Heading to Southern California (LA and south) soon. Any recommendations?

Expert 5K+

Thanks for the hints. I checked that link and Ctrl F searched it on "Swap" and then "Mopar". Looks like I would miss the good ones.

Powerflite
Posted 2017-04-12 6:46 PM (#537996 - in reply to #537982)

Expert 5K+

You just missed the best all-mopar swap meet here at Spring Fling last weekend. Fall Fling is in October. Pomona and other swap meets are for any make but are large enough to have a small amount of mopar stuff in them. There are a couple of other all-mopar shows that have swaps in the San Bernardino area, probably on the Socalcarculture site.

As far as museums go, you could check out the Nethercutt Collection in Sylmar. That is a pretty nice car museum pretty close to my house and is free to attend, but mostly has exotic cars from the '20's and '30's. They only have a couple from the '50's and '60's.

It would be worth it to head to Bob's Big Boy on Riverside Drive in Burbank on a Friday evening. Too crowded for me to enjoy with a car, but more fun as a spectator. People tend to roll in and out the whole time there. On Saturday, there is a similar gathering at the Bob's Big Boy in Northridge that has a lot more room with a large parking lot.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)