The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

flux core wire welding
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> General Technical Discussion and TroubleshootingMessage format

60 dart
Posted 2017-06-30 4:14 AM (#543202)
Subject: flux core wire welding

Expert 5K+

for 10 yrs. i've used a hobart 125 to weld just about anything needed welding . in those 10 yrs. i've used it with the brass gas nozzle . it's now dead and gone so i
went and bought a hobart 140 . just prior to buying the 140 i did some searching of what others had to say about the 140 , most of which were good reviews . then i came
across a video of a guy stating how he removed the brass nozzle/no nozzle altogether . during his speech it was stated that the brass nozzle was for gas/solid wire welding only .
so how could that be . never in the 10 yrs of having a mig/flux core welder have i heard of such a thing . so i'm thinkin i must be stone dead stupid . did more searching and
found a miller wire welder demo . the guy used no nozzle at all and miller makes hobart products . so i found even more videos of which stated to use a flux core nozzle for
flux core wire . never heard of such things .
long story shortened , if your going to use flux core wire welding , either buy a flux core nozzle or put the brass gas nozzle on a shelf somewhere . you'll be able to see the weld
much better as you progress leading to much nicer welds and way less aggravation and yes i am stone dead stupid but you knew that!--------------------------------------------later

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wire-Welder-FLUX-CORED-NOZZLE-MILLER-HOBART...

or other brands!

Edited by 60 dart 2017-06-30 4:15 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ruchaven
Posted 2017-06-30 2:34 PM (#543227 - in reply to #543202)
Subject: Re: flux core wire welding

Expert

No, you are not stupid. It is just that the brass nozzle is more likely to build up with flux residue. Welds will not look as nice discouraging the hobbyist to use the welder on a regular basis. Who wants to stop and clean out nozzles all the time just to get a nice looking bead? On such a small 110v unit with a limited duty cycle, it can discourage someone real quick. So it comes down to making these small welders as easy, flexible, and convenient to use as possible. I now have Harry's Miller 180 welder and there is all kinds of stuff for it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)