The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

57 Dodge Tag Information
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Fender/VIN Tag and Broadcast Sheet DecodingMessage format

Randy Schultz
Posted 2017-08-21 10:55 AM (#546664)
Subject: 57 Dodge Tag Information

Regular

Hi, brand new guy to the forum. I am looking at purchasing my first fin car, a 57 Dodge Custom Royal project to work on. I have located one and I was wondering if anyone could tell me is there a listing of tag numbers somewhere that I can decode the tag on the car? I have not seen the car yet, I am going next week. Also when I look at it can you tell me what number I should look for to tell if it is actually a Custom Royal? I want to make sure it is not a fake. Lastly what do you consider the realistic price range would be for a complete southern car with very little rust and needing paint, new interior and some mechanical work. The car runs. I know that is subjective and its what I want to pay for it. But I think maybe the market and interest in these cars is somewhat fading. At least that is what I pick up at mopar shows. Is that a correct assumption? Thanks for your input.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
LD3 Greg
Posted 2017-08-21 2:59 PM (#546684 - in reply to #546664)
Subject: RE: 57 Dodge Tag Information

Expert

Take a closeup of the body plate. Under the hood high on the passenger side. If it is a Detroit built car I can probably help. Also a pic of the VIN plate.

Greg
arizona mopar gold
Posted 2017-08-24 4:13 AM (#546871 - in reply to #546664)
Subject: Re: 57 Dodge Tag Information

Extreme Veteran

The Data code for a Custom Royal lancer is D672 for the 2dr HT and D633 for the Custom Royal 4dr sedan, either code should be stamped on the data tag under the hood on pass' side firewall....once you see the car in person take loads of photos!!...tags, VIN tag etc...photos of the floors for rust as well as in the trunk...the trunk will most likely have rust-out before the interior floors start to go..be very careful when taking photos of the rust in the trunk...as the rubber floor mat will most likely crack when you lift it up to look under it

PS...the easiest way to spot a Custom Royal by just looking at the car is the body trim on the back 1/4 panels has a 2nd ribbed trim piece under the standard trim (only on the 1/4's)...and those ribs continue to go into the front chrome piece on the fin caps...were as the Coronet and Royal have a smooth chrome front fin cap...(hope that makes sense?) :-)

Edited by arizona mopar gold 2017-08-24 4:33 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)