The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone felt the need to provide guides for the manual seat cable?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Body, Glass, Interior and TrimMessage format

56D500boy
Posted 2017-10-03 1:38 AM (#549653)
Subject: Anyone felt the need to provide guides for the manual seat cable?

Expert 5K+

I should have taken a photo while I had the front seat bottom out of my 56 Custom Royal. I am thinking that I want to improve on the "design" (or lack of) cable guides for the seat position adjustment cable, i.e. the cable that connects the driver's side manual seat adjustment lever with the passenger side lever, as shown in this factory diagram:

This photo of 71Chargerfan's 55 Plymouth shows the wire but not my issue. For my Dodge the cable goes up and over two seat base rails and is "guided" by two tangs per rail that were punched out of the rail itself. At the moment the cable is jammed in the tangs on the rail closest to the passenger end of the seat base. I was thinking that some kind of metal tubing guide (maybe copper pipe?) would provide a good non-jamming guide for the seat position adjustment cable. (I might have to remove the seat bottom again and take a photo of the issue rather than using the 55 Plymouth as a surrogate)

Edited by 56D500boy 2017-10-03 1:40 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)