The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Long Ram Question
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Engine, Exhaust, Fuel and IgnitionMessage format

69four46
Posted 2018-07-28 1:41 PM (#567335)
Subject: Long Ram Question

New User

New to the board Thank you for having me. I am hoping someone can help me out with this. I have had several pair of long rams over the years but never a pair like these recently acquired ones. Here is where they differ 1.Open plenum where the carbs bolt, Not the typical 4 hole carb bases. They have no signs of being modified they look to be factory produced like that. 2.Underneath where the heat tube flanges are these have none (see Photo) and the last thing that struck me as strange is the choke block off plates. Normal thinking would lead me to believe this was not a street set, rather a drag racing or off road pair with the differences. Did Chrysler offer such a part? I have also heard of Police versions of these intakes, did they differ from stock units? They have the 1947162 & 1947163 part numbers and were originally painted red. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Top of the page Bottom of the page
57chizler
Posted 2018-07-28 4:58 PM (#567336 - in reply to #567335)
Subject: RE: Long Ram Question

Expert

Welcome to the board.

I think you'll find that you have a pair of manifolds that have been modified by milling out the carb flange openings and adding a second set of carb mount bolt holes and choke blockoff plates.. The underside exhaust heat flanges look normal to me, but I don't claim to be an expert. Others might be more enlightened.

Edited by 57chizler 2018-07-28 5:00 PM
finsruskw
Posted 2018-07-28 9:01 PM (#567352 - in reply to #567335)
Subject: Re: Long Ram Question

Expert

I agree
Look to be the same part #s as the stock mflds on my F.
Somebody has screwed with 'em.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)