The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

seats re-upholstered
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Body, Glass, Interior and TrimMessage format

billy
Posted 2018-08-21 1:41 PM (#568782)
Subject: seats re-upholstered

Extreme Veteran

What are other folks paying to get their seats re-done....the foam in mine is shot and the OEM cover is in bad shape and the cover over the cover is shot too....just wondering what a fair price would be to have the seats (front and rear) re-done....SMS has the material, although i'm not sure how much i need...any input would be appreciated..
billy
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mikes2nd
Posted 2018-08-21 4:28 PM (#568790 - in reply to #568782)
Subject: Re: seats re-upholstered

Expert 5K+

you can pay a ton or reasonable.

Anyone can make you a seat cover, take your old one to any "upholsterer" and they can sew two pieces of material together

Simple place it on the seat, after putting the padding, jute on it. etc etc...

I dont get how people charge 5000$ to sew 4 pieces of vinly together Maybe find a local furniture guy, most can do simple patterns and copy your pattern with your material. You can simply hog ring it on after padding. Most restoration shops do this and pocket the difference.
miquelonbrad
Posted 2018-08-23 9:49 AM (#568897 - in reply to #568782)

Expert

I think you will find a wide variety of prices wherever you go, and in any trade, whether it be painting, upholstery, or rebuilding your engine. However, the initial condition of the piece(s) you are having redone, will make all the difference.

For example, if the covers on your seats are in rough shape, but the "pattern" is there, to take measurements from, there will be large price difference for the job, as to compared to having covers made when there is nothing to measure or take a pattern from. I know, because I'm in that boat; both my Chryslers have little to no material left on the seats.
GaryS
Posted 2018-08-23 3:02 PM (#568912 - in reply to #568782)

Expert

My upholstery shop Charged $1700 to cover two Sebring convertible seats in good shape, complete rear seat cushions in rough shape, and new door and rear side panels that had to be made from scratch. I furnished non-original fabrics for inserts and they provided vinyl and everything else for my '56 Plymouth.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)