The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

oil filter
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Engine, Exhaust, Fuel and IgnitionMessage format

TERENCE
Posted 2018-12-17 12:27 AM (#575368)
Subject: oil filter

hi ... i would like to know exactly howto fit up the canister type oil filter to the 318 poly motor .... i know its as easy as but just not sure which end the rubber seal should go during assembly ie which end of the filter .... also have had a big oil leak from the can seal any advise to fix that would be great ...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
56D500boy
Posted 2018-12-17 12:46 AM (#575369 - in reply to #575368)
Subject: RE: oil filter

Expert 5K+

Does this help?

(CartridgeOilFilterDiagram.jpg)

(CartridgeOilFilterPNs.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments CartridgeOilFilterDiagram.jpg (108KB - 141 downloads)
Attachments CartridgeOilFilterPNs.jpg (167KB - 141 downloads)
TERENCE
Posted 2018-12-17 1:55 AM (#575370 - in reply to #575368)

no not really .... my motor is a 61 style and is different to the diagram... I have a Donaldson filter that says it is important to have the neoprene washer on top of the element .... but what is the top when your putting in the filter doesn't seem to complicated and logically i have put it on the face closest to the block as that seals it from the block and keeps the oil within the circulating system .... rather than leaking out between the block and the element .... logic ..
but i have his nasty leak from the main can's rubber seal .... so its either ok the way i have it and the canister is just a bad sealing surface or its somehow pressurizing the canister ... i think the leak is due to a bad contact somehow ....
TERENCE
Posted 2018-12-17 2:06 AM (#575371 - in reply to #575368)

oh just read the instructions again and it says to use the neo-prene washer on the bottom of the element so for me the bottom is the face closest to the block in an up side down position .... logic ?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)