The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Car show weekend In Canon City, Colorado
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Announcements -> Forward Look & Other Mopar EventsMessage format

Stroller
Posted 2019-01-12 1:15 PM (#576659)
Subject: Car show weekend In Canon City, Colorado

Extreme Veteran

Pretty sure it's the 3rd weekend of May. Main street party with car show preview and the band Flash Caddilac and the Continental Kids, less Flash for him to be there it costs. Car show is on the grounds at the Abbey. This is in Canon City, Colorado home of the Royal Gorge Bridge highest suspension bridge in the world. Due to a fire a few years now they do not allow cars to drive across it anymore.

This show was started years ago by the VMCCA and last year was handed off to another group which is continuing it. A few years back they also had to limit the number of entries to 500. It has a swap meet and loads of rides not registered and bikes as well. Cars start showing up between 5-6 AM day of show and awards are at 3:00 pm. You never know what will show up at this thing.

If anyone is interested I can get you registration info for pre-registering. There are cars professionaly built to cars from back yard re-builds. Mopars tend to be lower in counts, but tend to garner very high regards. Word of caution there are 2 brothers up in denver that you never know what they will show up with. Sometimes you can smell the fresh paint a mile away. I have seen cars from Texas, Nebraska, Tennessee and Washington here at this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
1959 Belvedere Conv
Posted 2019-01-16 11:11 PM (#576902 - in reply to #576659)
Subject: Re: Car show weekend In Canon City, Colorado

Elite Veteran

Last years event was a blast to visit. Lots of neat vehicles in attendance. There is also an open car show on that Sunday in Florence, CO (next door to Canon City) that is a neat event. Two shows in one weekend! Can't beat that!
Stroller
Posted 2019-01-19 10:26 AM (#577036 - in reply to #576659)
Subject: Re: Car show weekend In Canon City, Colorado

Extreme Veteran

Yes it is fun and like I said a weekend event kicking off on Friday night. I took my '56 there 1 time and to my total shock I actually placed 2nd in show and beaten out by 1 of the brothers of their very fresh out of the paint both Super Bird, 426 hemi, 4 spd very cool car. But hey I'll take it. Also don't forget the load of bikes that show up it is like another event all on it's own. Plus all the cars parked out side the venue that didn't register to be in the show, but they come to view. The most vehicles I can recall numbered over 1,000 parked all over the place, and this was just vehicles that looked they should be registered.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)