The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My first real mileage test with my D500 315 4bbl hemi
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Engine, Exhaust, Fuel and IgnitionMessage format

56D500boy
Posted 2019-06-08 12:31 AM (#583100)
Subject: My first real mileage test with my D500 315 4bbl hemi

Expert 5K+

On Weds I pumped 25L of 94 Chevron into the gas tank (so no worries about vapour lock). It wasn't full. Last evening I went to a small ad hoc car show and shine and on the way home I found that gas was cheaper than Weds so I filled up to the top of the tank for the very first time.

Today I took the Dodge to exercise class (Healthy Heart maintenance program) and then did an errand or two on the way home. After talking to a couple of guys at exercise, I decided to go out to a supposedly large ad hoc ("pop up") show/shine tirekicking/BSing car show this (Friday) late afternoon. I did that mostly on the highway at about 55 mph with some stop and go as I got closer to the event location. On the way home it was 50 mph to as high as 70 mph (plus a bit) (on a different route with much less traffic) and it looked like the gas gauge hadn't moved much so I decided that I should check the gas mileage by filling up again when I got home.

As luck would have it, the Chevron to home that I went to was even cheaper than last night (so bonus).

I think that I travelled about 56.4 miles with about 8.6 of those in town and 47.8 on the highway. I put in 14.55 L which is about 3.2 Imp gal (3.84 US gal). This calculates to about 17.62 miles/Imp gallon or 14.7 miles/US gal. While not good, it is much better than I had previously estimated. As a comparison, my 1994 Audi S4 wagon with a 4.2L V8 and 6 spd manual usually gets around 19 miles/Imp gal overall (it's fun to drive) (Probably closer to 28 mi/Imp gal on pure highway miles)

Bottomline: I am happy - especially when I was traveling 70+ mph and the car seemed very happy with that.

Edited by 56D500boy 2019-06-08 12:27 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)