The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Transmission shop in the area
Moderators: Lancer Mike

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Local Regions -> Rocky Mountain RegionMessage format

wheelcover
Posted 2019-07-07 1:03 PM (#584518)
Subject: Transmission shop in the area

Veteran

I’ve got a 1958 De Soto with a three speed torque flight original to the car, but rebuilt a couple times since I’ve owned it - has never worked correctly. It’s been a long time since this transmission was last rebuilt by a shop in Pierce Colorado, and I only just got the rebuilt engine started for the first time. I have reverse only, and no drive. I’ve had The pan off to adjust the neutral safety switch and know that it is shifting correctly at the valve body. I have already adjusted the shift cable per the service manual procedure. Any thoughts on what the problem is? Any recommendations on where to take this for service? I am in Laramie Wyoming but willing to travel.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
DEH
Posted 2019-07-07 8:21 PM (#584535 - in reply to #584518)
Subject: Re: Transmission shop in the area

Veteran

I had my 57 Dodge torqueflight rebuilt just over a year ago by Jeff at Pro-Trans Plus in Falcon, CO, so he is definitely familiar with the torqueflight now (mine was the first one he had ever done). Since I had nearly 215,000 miles on mine he had to do some welding on several of the aluminum parts due to excessive wear which he was able to take care without any problems. So if the Colorado Springs area is not too far to drive, then I would recommend Jeff for the job. His phone number is (719) 661-5669. Some of the Denver members might be able to give you a recommendation for something closer to you, so hopefully they will chime in.

Don H.
RICKYMOPAR
Posted 2019-07-07 9:14 PM (#584537 - in reply to #584518)
Subject: Re: Transmission shop in the area

Veteran

Will it drive in low or first gear? if it does it needs the overrunning clutch repaired. Also called a sprag.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)