The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Driver's Side Mirror for a 1955 New Yorker Deluxe St. Regis
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Body, Glass, Interior and TrimMessage format

JKelly0657
Posted 2019-09-07 5:08 PM (#587221)
Subject: Driver's Side Mirror for a 1955 New Yorker Deluxe St. Regis

Continuing to work on my 1955 St. Regis. The new interior is nearly finished and is looking really nice. My exterior rear view mirror is pitted and the mirror needs restoring. I have been looking for a new, accurate repro replacement with no luck. My mirror has a small, slightly angled shaft on one end (the end toward the rear of the car) of the mount that hooks into a tiny hole on the door. A screw goes through the other end of the mount (toward the front of the car) and into a small flat brace that sticks up through a second hole above the surface of the door. The screw goes horizonally through the recessed end of the mount into the little flat brace and when you tighten the screw it pulls the angled shaft back tight against the door surface. This is a neat setup because you don't see any screws on the base. There is a repro mirror that looks like my original but the little shaft and the screw hole on the mount are reversed from my original and thus wlll not work for me. I can get my mirror re-silvered and re-chromed but would like to find a new one if possible. Does anyone know of a vendor that sells an accurate reproduction for my '55 New Yorker?

Joe
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)