The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yes, another brake question
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Brakes, Wheels and TiresMessage format

phish1270
Posted 2020-06-02 9:18 AM (#599106)
Subject: Yes, another brake question

Hey guys, newbie here. This forum has been invaluable & is an amazing resource for information & help. I recently bought a 1961 Dodge Dart Phoenix, Slant 6, auto. This is my oldest vehicle that I have owned & first ever Forward Look. I have two sons & we like to drive our old cars whenever possible. I always want to make them as safe & reliable as possible so the "To-do" list starts as soon as we bring one home. My plan is to upgrade to disc brakes up front, swap in a "newer" rear ('65-'69 C body hopefully) & upgrade to dual reservoir master cylinder (Doctor Diff). I was planning on going with the Scarebird setup, the price is not terrible & it will work with my 14" rims.
I have a guy locally that has a C body rear that I am planning on buying once I have the money. He also said that he has a disc brake setup I can use. It is from a "70s C body" (all he can remember) & is installed on his 1959 Dodge. He says he swapped the spindles & all brake components. My question is will that work? I don't see a lot of talk about using C body brakes on these cars. Is it the same suspension on a '59 as my '61? Could I just buy everything including upper & lower control arms & swap it on, if the price is right of course? Thank you in advance for any info, advice & patience guys & girls!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mopar1
Posted 2020-06-02 10:44 AM (#599112 - in reply to #599106)
Subject: Re: Yes, another brake question

Expert

I used '77 NYer disc spindles on my '60 Plym. New calipers, rotors, ball joints. shortened up the tie rod adjusters a bit. Stops well.
Mopar1
Posted 2020-06-02 10:45 AM (#599113 - in reply to #599106)
Subject: Re: Yes, another brake question

Expert

The mounting points were about an inch closer to each other than OEM, but they work fine.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)