The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1959 Imperial Crown Sedan - Barn Find
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Swap Meet -> For Sale - VEHICLESMessage format

mpgmike
Posted 2020-10-13 12:33 PM (#604420)
Subject: 1959 Imperial Crown Sedan - Barn Find

Regular

80,180 miles on the odometer, Plum with grey cloth interior, power windows, power steering, power brakes, rear window defroster, auto-dimming head lights, clock, adjustable driver’s side mirror, “Wonder Bar” AM Radio (extra pedal on the floor works like a Seek button), and power antenna. For a Northeast car, it’s rather rust-free. It spent 32 years in a barn on the upper level on jack stands; last driven in 1983. I was told it was parked because it needed exhaust and a few other minor things.

The previous owner had the original 413 engine rebuilt (including hardened exhaust seats for unleaded fuel). The 727 push-button transmission was also rebuilt. He then had shoulder surgery and couldn’t physically put it back together. 1959 was the first year for the 413 RB V-8. It was lighter, more powerful, and more fuel efficient than the 392 Hemi it replaced. The 413 sports “Squish Pads” in the closed chamber heads; like modern 2-valve heads. It also has a generous aftermarket support (unlike the Hemi).

The Imperial was Chrysler’s premium line, therefore few were made. The Crown was the mid-line Imperial, with the Base at the bottom and LeBaron at the top. Sadly, they made excellent smash-up derby cars, so not many still exist. Fortunately there are aftermarket companies offering sheet metal now. In the past, rusted sill panels, floors & trunk floors had to be custom fabricated. Much of the rusted metal is available ready to weld in from companies like Bergman, Gary Goers, and RSR (Real Steel Replacement). The car is 99% complete.

After buying the car, I started sand blasting, painting, powder coating, and refurbishing parts. Most of the work is posted at:

http://forwardlook.net/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=57801&star...

I have more invested than I’m asking at $3500. The car is in the northern-most part of NJ; 15 miles from NY and 21 miles from PA. I need to raise some money, but have other items for sale as well. When the money is raised, all other listings will be removed (including this car if not sold).

(Side2_Web.png)

(Front2_Web.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Side2_Web.png (47KB - 324 downloads)
Attachments Front2_Web.png (152KB - 323 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mpgmike
Posted 2020-10-15 2:19 PM (#604490 - in reply to #604420)
Subject: Re: 1959 Imperial Crown Sedan - Barn Find

Regular

Tentatively sold.
DonFromTexas
Posted 2020-10-17 8:50 PM (#604570 - in reply to #604420)
Subject: Re: 1959 Imperial Crown Sedan - Barn Find

Regular

I guess it is true love, I had one of these back when they were new, and being a US Army officer, uncle sam decided to ship me off to some corner of the world and I had to sell it! If you have never driven one, you cannot know the feeling. I bought one last fall that had been sitting outside for 45 years! It is about done and I found I had two owners manuals, so obviously was one Imperial short
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)