The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Radio Fun and Con(Fuse)ion
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Electrical, Battery and ChargingMessage format

57Fireflite
Posted 2021-04-30 6:36 PM (#611591)
Subject: Radio Fun and Con(Fuse)ion

Regular

Radio wasn't working when I got the car so pulled it last night. After 3 hours of struggle, it was freed...

Two questions:
1. What is the fuse rating for the radio? The existing plastic (aftermarket) housing is burned and melted together.
2. A series of 5 multicolored wires come out of the back of the radio and plug in to an odd piece of hardware on the passenger side kick panel (it's got significant heat sink vanes on it) -- what is it? An amplifier?

If anyone can direct me to a complete wiring schematic, that would be great -- I've searched online with no success. The one I do have (whole car) does not include the radio. My parts book and service manual do not mention it.

Thanks!
James
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Powerflite
Posted 2021-04-30 7:05 PM (#611593 - in reply to #611591)
Subject: Re: Radio Fun and Con(Fuse)ion

Expert 5K+

Yes, that's an amplifier for the 7 button touch tone radio. Congratulations, that amplifier is usually missing. You can get a full schematic on Ebay if you search for the radio model number. I know the number for the '58 Fireflite, but not the '57. The number is usually stamped on the top of it in black ink, so take a look. I think the fuse rating on a regular radio is usually 15 amps, but I'm not sure if the amplifier will increase that requirement.
57Fireflite
Posted 2021-05-01 10:03 AM (#611605 - in reply to #611591)
Subject: Re: Radio Fun and Con(Fuse)ion

Regular

Thanks, Powerflite!

Edit: In-line fuse to radio is 7.5 amps

Edited by 57Fireflite 2021-05-01 11:56 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread