The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

57 NY Vent Window
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Body, Glass, Interior and TrimMessage format

DejaVu
Posted 2021-05-24 7:41 AM (#612208)
Subject: 57 NY Vent Window

Hi All,
I'm putting my New Yorker door hardware back together and one thing that becomes clear is the vent window alignment/ relationship with the roof rail and A-pillar is off. In the pic you can see that if I get a reasonable A-pillar alignment, the top of the vent window does not align horizontally with the roof rail. I have seen quite a few others like this too but also quite a few that seem nicely aligned. Clearly getting a good seal will be difficult.

Is this a case of bad production at the factory or has something happened to cause this?

Also, what do folks do to remedy this, just wait for good ones or show it a little force?

Thanks

(DSC_0589_Vent Window.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSC_0589_Vent Window.JPG (76KB - 111 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
StillOutThere
Posted 2021-05-24 11:49 AM (#612210 - in reply to #612208)
Subject: Re: 57 NY Vent Window

Totally typical. Don't know that it gets any better. The window pushes up on the molded rubber at that corner wanting to make it even worse. Power windows are WORSE. This is a one year only vent frame because of the 1 year visored windshield. Many of these frames are cracked because the owners wanted to tighten up the door glass for a "better seal". Don't try.
DejaVu
Posted 2021-05-25 4:44 AM (#612220 - in reply to #612210)
Subject: Re: 57 NY Vent Window

Thanks for the heads up. That explains why there was a heap of goop massaged into the corner to aid sealing. Both of my frames were broken where the run channel meets the frame, we've fixed them now so I'll avoid the temptation to push the glass further once we get it back together.
Cheers
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)