The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I have a major dislike for Murphy of Murphy’s law.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> Members RidesMessage format

Old Ray
Posted 2021-06-04 5:25 PM (#612467)
Subject: I have a major dislike for Murphy of Murphy’s law.

Extreme Veteran

Actually it is a much stronger emotion than that but sometimes he makes me laugh at myself, not that that makes me like him .

Case in point, a couple of years ago I found one of those inside door handle clip tools on eBay made by KD tools that any early Mopar guy just has to have, of course it was too much money but you know how it is.

Fast forward to this week, I am back in the shop slowly making some progress on the wagon and you of course all know about you have to do this before you can do that but then you have to do this first, right? I am fitting the front fenders and grill assembly (clip) on to the body and the Dakota stub frame and I need to fabricate a rad support mount, but with no hood or doors for reference I do not know at what height to mount it.

OK, so it was time to put the doors back on anyway, they are heavy and I am not as young or as strong as I once was, so out came the floor jack, that turned into a dismal failure, couldn't keep it balanced by myself. Plan B was to hang the door from the engine crane and that worked out good. (and the doors back on turned out to be a major psychological achievement, feels good.)

Before I took the body off the frame I was impressed with how well the doors opened and closed on the ‘56, best I have ever seen, until yours truly had a brain fart and tried to lift the body off the frame with out taking two missed bolts out of the floor, the good news was that with the body flexing the hidden bondo, that was stuffed into the rocker panels with blue latex gloves as backers, popped right out with vigor. So I was concerned that the doors might not fit but they fit great.

Anyway back to the KD tool that I have never used and is still in the box, when the door balanced on the jack started to tip once, I grabbed for the door handle to steady it and the door handle came right off into my hand. darn Murphy!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
56D500boy
Posted 2021-06-04 5:33 PM (#612468 - in reply to #612467)
Subject: RE: I have a major dislike for Murphy of Murphy’s law.

Expert 5K+

Good story there Ray. But I gotta tell you, that inner door handle wasn't really on there properly before it came off in your hand. The spring clip and the design didn't allow that. It wasn't clicked in there properly.

But I am well familiar with Mr. Murphy and have had my share of laughing at myself for forgetting about him.

IF you allow something to happen, it will.

60 dart
Posted 2021-06-04 11:48 PM (#612470 - in reply to #612467)
Subject: Re: I have a major dislike for Murphy of Murphy’s law.

Expert 5K+

mr. murphy is a teddy bear next to mrs. murphy --------------------------------------later
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)