The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1960-64 Power Window Motor Drives
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Body, Glass, Interior and TrimMessage format

NicksGarage
Posted 2021-11-20 5:32 PM (#617014)
Subject: 1960-64 Power Window Motor Drives

Expert

Trying to put together some parts for a 1960 car to fix the power windows. I pulled a power window motor out of a '64 4-door hardtop left front door and the head was broken off where it mounts to the motor. They had a big hose clamp and some wooden blocks to secure the motor to the steel brace. That motor and head is in the first picture.

In my box of power window parts I found a head that is in good shape except the nylon gear is broken off. I was able to get the good nylon gear out of the broken head so I can fix that. That is the shiny one in the second picture. The holes for the steel brace are not tapped so it looks like it never had one.

I have a pair of rusty doors from my old 300F and although it was missing the motor, the head looked to be in good shape. It definitely never had the steel brace and only has two holes, not tapped, in the motor head. The steel brace from the '64 door won't fit because it screws to the missing inner boss. But I noticed that the passenger door has angled slots in the right front motor brace and uses the outer hole. That's the third picture.

Are the motor drive heads for the front the same left and right other than the gears? I know the gears are left and right as there are kits available to replace them.

(LF_power_window_head3.jpg)

(LF_power_window_head2.jpg)

(RF_4_door_ht.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments LF_power_window_head3.jpg (195KB - 85 downloads)
Attachments LF_power_window_head2.jpg (176KB - 85 downloads)
Attachments RF_4_door_ht.jpg (244KB - 85 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)