The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

electric cooling fan
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Heating, Cooling and Air ConditioningMessage format

1958fwdlk
Posted 2021-12-17 8:25 AM (#617719)
Subject: electric cooling fan

Greetings everyone..long time follower, first time question asker.

I have a 1958 Fury, it runs great, but down here in Texas it is really never cool. The car runs (per the dash gauge) on the cooler side when cruising. But when sitting in traffic it runs on the borderline of touching the solid hot side of the gauge. Of course it goes down when cruising again. Given the fact that it is so hot in the summer, my question is...Is it possible (with the stock electrical system) to add an auxiliary electric fan? I'm wondering if the electric system can handle the amperage of the fans.

I am the 3rd owner of the car. The second owner spent 5 years restoring the car to original condition, so there are zero modifications to the car. It was put back together like the day it left the assembly line.
It is the V800 option (Dual Quad 318Cu)

The car does not have a/c.
I am unsure if this question has been asked before...I'm new to asking questions in a forum, so I appreciate any and all helpful input.

Thank you again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
wizard
Posted 2021-12-17 11:57 AM (#617723 - in reply to #617719)
Subject: Re: electric cooling fan

Board Moderator & Exner Expert 10K+

Check out this thread http://www.forwardlook.net/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=21436&...
ronbo97
Posted 2021-12-17 12:03 PM (#617724 - in reply to #617719)
Subject: RE: electric cooling fan

Expert

Hi Russ -

Welcome to our group ! There is also a companion group on facebook ("The Forward Look Mopar Network"), with almost 25000 members.

A couple of thoughts on your car: How recently was your coolant changed ? I would verify it with a coolant tester. Another thing you can do is install a 6-blade fan. That should pull more air thru the radiator. Also, if your radiator is a three-row variety, you could try going to a four row.

Ron

1958fwdlk
Posted 2021-12-17 1:08 PM (#617726 - in reply to #617719)
Subject: RE: electric cooling fan

WOW! Thank you both for the help! I cannot thank you enough.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)