The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MC pushrod end pin removal?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Brakes, Wheels and TiresMessage format

SlamminWagon
Posted 2022-06-13 1:32 PM (#622113)
Subject: MC pushrod end pin removal?

so completely stuck, on my 56 New Yorker I'm trying to pull the master cylinder (upgrading) but I can't seem to disconnect the push rod end from the pedal assembly. I pulled the retaining clip on the one side of the pin attaching the pushrod to the pedal assembly but the pin itself won't budge. it seems like it should just be a pin that easily slides out and I'm not seeing any kind of corrosion. I've tried everything from a big hammer, to heat, to PB blaster and of course lots of cursing and yelling but it's solid. before I bust out the drill, is there something I'm missing?
I would just hit it with the cutting wheel but I can't get around the steering column....and before you go there yes that's frozen in place too, but that's for another day. lol.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Powerflite
Posted 2022-06-13 2:55 PM (#622117 - in reply to #622113)
Subject: Re: MC pushrod end pin removal?

Expert 5K+

First make sure the pushrod is loose from the master. If not, use the leverage of the pedal to pry up on the pushrod and free it from the end of the master. Once that is loose, make sure there is no pressure on the pedal and punch out the pin. Using a punch tool to get up there and hit against can be helpful.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)