The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crappy job on Front end alignment on my '61 fury
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Steering and SuspensionMessage format

1961plymouthfury
Posted 2022-07-11 5:14 PM (#622814)
Subject: Crappy job on Front end alignment on my '61 fury

Expert

I had a front end alignment done on my '61 fury back in December of 2020 . It turns out the mechanic who did the alignment did not do a very good job. I do not want to go back and have it redone by the same mechanic. Does any one here know were I can take my car in the have the alignment redone and has the proper tools to do this I am in the Minor Hill, TN Giles County area
Top of the page Bottom of the page
dels56
Posted 2022-07-28 9:14 PM (#623262 - in reply to #622814)
Subject: Re: Crappy job on Front end alignment on my '61 fury

Extreme Veteran

I looked around at 6 different shops that do alignments and chose to shop with the oldest mechanic. He knew how to do an alignment without a computer. The younger fellows in other shops had no clue. He did a great job considering he and the car are about the same age. These old cars did wander a bit as there was always a little play in the steering box so, once the car was back on the road I experimented with tire pressure going from 24 PSI one PSI at a time and found the Coker 205 15 R 75’s gave me the ride and steering I liked best at 32 PSI.

Find one of us old guys to do the job.

Del S
JedRhule
Posted 2022-07-29 8:38 PM (#623292 - in reply to #622814)
Subject: RE: Crappy job on Front end alignment on my '61 fury

Regular

I have done wheel alignments with a plumb bob and tape measure. Set the plumb bob string on the fender at the center of the wheel and measure the distance from the rim top and bottom edge to the vertical string. Since our cars are usually 0 degrees camber, just adjust your upper control arm bushing to get the same measurement on the top and bottom. Use the tape to measure toe-in. Adjust to 1/8 inch.
Commercial tire shops usually just adjust toe-in any way. And get dirty hand prints on my whitewalls.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)