The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Estimated value for 55 NY St. Regis
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> 1955-1961 Forward Look MoPar General DiscussionMessage format

Sig556
Posted 2022-11-16 2:06 PM (#625653)
Subject: Estimated value for 55 NY St. Regis

It's been a while since I've been on the site and I'm considering selling my 1955 St. Regis. However, I have no idea what the market is like now and what I could reasonably expect to get. Was hoping those more knowledgeable might be able to help. The car is not currently running and I understand if I took the time to get it running, it would sell for more; that said.

I purchased in 2012 from the original owner. To my knowledge it was not driven from 1994 (owner's death) where it was stored in the garage. In about 2007-2008, the wife passed away and the car was moved to a storage unit and it sat there until I bought it.

At the time of purchase the engine was looked over, flushed of old fluids, etc. then with help from good friends, the car started. It was driven around the block several times and made a couple of 20ish round mile trips to visit mom and dad and siblings.

I did then pull the engine and cleaned it up. did not rebuild, but pulled the valve covers, intake, valley pan, oil pan, etc. and cleaned and replaced gaskets, etc. I did replace the timing chain. Put it back together and put the transmission and engine back in the car.

I swapped the front drums for discs and upgraded the MC to a dual and replaced the power booster. While the engine was out, replaced a lot of the front steering components and bushings. Did not do anything to the steering box.

Had the generator, starter, and water pump rebuilt. The radiator was cleaned and pressure tested. I rebuilt the carb (4bbl weber). New motor mounts.

To get it running, all that really needs to be done is to install the water pump, pulleys, and fan blades. Install the radiator, shroud, and hoses. The generator and power steering reservoir need to be installed. Then hook up the exhaust and connect the linkage to the transmission.

Put on the carb and fuel pump, then i think it's good to go.

I have all of the original parts that came off the vehilce (drums, master cylinder, glass bowl fuel pump, etc.)

Again, I have not worked on the car in several years and with all of my other time commitments, I don't see the project getting done. I believe with the condition, someone with more time and energy for the project could easily get it running; or pull the engine easily to do a full rebuild.

There is some rust under the driver side pedals and the passenger back rear by the gas fill up.

I'll try to post a few pictures. Again, wondering what it might go for in this environment.

(Old Engine I.JPG)

(Old Engine II.JPG)

(Engine I.JPG)

(1955 NY.JPG)

(Interior I.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Old Engine I.JPG (108KB - 57 downloads)
Attachments Old Engine II.JPG (88KB - 57 downloads)
Attachments Engine I.JPG (89KB - 52 downloads)
Attachments 1955 NY.JPG (109KB - 60 downloads)
Attachments Interior I.JPG (104KB - 58 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Powerflite
Posted 2022-11-16 3:42 PM (#625659 - in reply to #625653)
Subject: Re: Estimated value for 55 NY St. Regis

Expert 5K+

My guess is around $7000-$8000 - assuming you put the motor back into the car. You should understand that most people would need to have that motor installed before it can even be transported. If you happen to sell to someone local, and they have their own truck & trailer to tow it away, they could put the motor in the back of their truck. Everyone else who might be interested in it, would need that motor to be bolted into the car in order to buy it. If you are unwilling to do that, that will severely limit the number of potential buyers & your price will likely have to go down quite a bit - maybe to $5K. I highly recommend you take the time to do that before you list it for sale. Get the car drivable, and your price will go up to around $11-$13K, is my guess. These numbers are assuming there is no significant rust issue on the car.
Sig556
Posted 2022-11-16 5:13 PM (#625661 - in reply to #625659)

Powerflite - 2022-11-16 12:42 PM

assuming you put the motor back into the car.

Sorry for the confusion, but the engine, transmission are back in the car. Drive line hooked up and the exhaust manifolds attached, but nothing installed from the exhaust manifolds back (although I do have the OE parts). Starter is installed, too. All of the "parts" need to be bolted to the engine.

Front disc installed and plumbed to new dual master cylinder.

Edited by Sig556 2022-11-16 5:13 PM
Powerflite
Posted 2022-11-16 6:15 PM (#625666 - in reply to #625653)

Expert 5K+

Sorry, I missed that line for some reason. Reading too quickly, I guess.
60 dart
Posted 2022-11-16 11:37 PM (#625674 - in reply to #625653)

Expert 5K+

7-8000$ would be a good start-----------------------------------------later
grubin
Posted 2022-12-08 3:40 PM (#626207 - in reply to #625653)
Subject: RE: Estimated value for 55 NY St. Regis

Regular

Drop me a message. I’m looking to do another St Regis. Your location and we can chat. Thanks.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 99BEB989-FE77-43A9-B384-6C19BE35BB80.jpeg (37KB - 62 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)