The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1955 DESOTO CHRYSLER REAR VIEW MIRROR B RACKET
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Swap Meet -> Wanted - All Wanted AdsMessage format

jblken7
Posted 2023-01-01 8:55 PM (#626690)
Subject: 1955 DESOTO CHRYSLER REAR VIEW MIRROR B RACKET

I broke my 55 Desoto mirror bracket getting it off and would like to get a replacement. The part number is 1640-657. Could not find part # in the 55/56 Mopar parts book but think 55 bracket should be same as all 55/56 Desoto and Chrysler. I would add picture but this FWD Message posting form has no provision for adding photos. I have search all over this FWD site for a way to add pictures with no luck. I would appreciate SPECIFIC step-by- step instructons /directions (where to look for the picture adding link) as to how everyone else has been adding pictures. I did get direction from one member - said to add picture after message posting - that does not work as I still could not find a link to click and add pictures to my earlier postings!?????
Ken Wilson
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Powerflite
Posted 2023-01-01 9:39 PM (#626691 - in reply to #626690)
Subject: Re: 1955 DESOTO CHRYSLER REAR VIEW MIRROR B RACKET

Expert 5K+

Ken, when you type your reply in the box as I am doing now, click the box below for "Attach a file after posting". After you click the "Submit" button, it will send you to a screen that will enable you to upload a picture. The picture must be less than 250KB so you might need image software such as Irfanview to reduce the size. It must also be in .jpg format, not .jpeg. You have a windows machine so this shouldn't be an issue. Macs have a harder time with this.

John Fowlie at BigM automotive in Williams, California likely has a mirror for you. You can contact him here or on Facebook if you use that:
http://www.bigmauto.com/

(Picture Instructions.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Picture Instructions.jpg (104KB - 49 downloads)
jblken7
Posted 2023-01-02 1:01 AM (#626696 - in reply to #626691)
Subject: Re: 1955 DESOTO CHRYSLER REAR VIEW MIRROR B RACKET

OK - Now I see it. I'm going to try this with you. But when I created a posting (Wanted or for sale) the "Attach a File after posting" did not show. Also when I click on a FWD name to reply -a FWD sending form pops up showing the person FWD name at the top and a subject line and a big box for the writing the message- is it a PM?) there is no provision to add a photo (I sent a lot of responses via this method - but was unable to attach photos - a bummer). This reply to you I did by hitting the "reply" button on your response to my original posting.

Ken

(DSCN4880.JPG)

(DSCN4882.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSCN4880.JPG (224KB - 45 downloads)
Attachments DSCN4882.JPG (212KB - 46 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)