The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

my 1960 Saratoga
Author: imopar380 (Show all albums)

Purchased June, 2008
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First74 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Reunion with my 300 - Mark, who I sold the 300 to in June 2008 came over this evening and we replaced the accelerator pump in my carb. Notice the two cars share the same roof and glass areas. Floor pans, cowl and basic inner body structure are also the same.

Nice shot! My 12 year old ( at the time ) son Jordan took this photo.

I removed the Saratoga grille, which had been painted black, and installed an upscale and better looking New Yorker grille. The underside of the hood is sprayed with thick tar undercoating, which I believe was factory sprayed as it had a factory silencer pad glued over that stuff. I removed the pad as it was really ratty, cleaned up the tar and sprayed it semi gloss black to freshen it up.

Just finished a 2200 mile round trip from Victoria, BC ( On Vancouver Island ) through Washingon, Oregon and on to California to the meet. After leaving CA we took a side trip to the Oregon coast for 2 days, then back home. Average mileage for the entire trip on this old 4200 LB car with a 383 4 barrel was 23 MPG ( Imperial Gallons) or about 19 MPG in US gallons. I have put 7000 miles on this car in just over 1 year since I bought it in June 2008.

After detailing engine, getting the car ready to go to the WPC National in Sacramento, July 2009. It's not perfect - the firewall, fenders wells and rad support should be repainted but the engine isn't coming out any time soon to make room to do that. This car was built in L.A. and as such came from the plant with black fender wells and rad core support. In other plants they came sprayed body color. Firewall and fender wells will be done at a later date.

Not quite finished, still some brackets and areas under the compressor /behind the fan etc. to paint .

Prior to detailing the engine in July 09. YUK what a mess.

With the New Yorker grille installed. July / 09. Photo taken at the car show, WPC National, Sacramento CA July, 09 .

Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First74 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Return to viewing all photo albums

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)