The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

my 1960 Saratoga
Author: imopar380 (Show all albums)

Purchased June, 2008
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First74 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

(1 Comments)
I think this is one of the best views of the 1960 Chrysler.

(1 Comments)
Reunited with my 2 former cars early Sept 08 at a local cruise in. My Saratoga along with my Ex-Polara and my Ex-300.

Rear view of reunion.

Onto the bridge over the harbor in Newport, Oregon. August 9th, 2008. Total 1400 miles were put on her first road trip

We took a trip thru WA and Oregon Aug 7-16, ( 08) put on about 1400 miles total. No problems, and the A/C blew cold even when we encountered some 100 degree plus heat for 3 days.

These seats are the early automatic versions, but the cables are broken and the seats must be swiveled manually. I plan at some point to replace the broken cables. Later in the 1960 model year the automatic versions were discontinued because of problems with the cables. This car was built in October 1959, very early in production.

(1 Comments)
The great looking, clean lines of the 1960 Chrysler have always been my favorite of the Forward Look Cars. A 300-F would be my first choice but since I don't have that kind of cash available I thought I did pretty well with this Saratoga. It's very well optioned with power steering, power brakes, power windows, power swivel seats, Solex Glass, with top tint on front and rear glass, deluxe padded steering wheel with clear lucite rim, day-night prismatic rear view mirror, flight-sweep deck lid, rear bumper guards, body side color sweep, dual fender mirrors with left remote control, Golden-Tone AM radio, and vintage working Mark-IV A/C under dash.

I sold my white 1962 Chrysler 300 in June this year ( 2008 ) to a friend of mine who had been bugging me for several years to sell it to him. I finally said YES, as long as I could find another car to replace it, and it had to be a Finned FL car. SO this is what I found after 3 months of looking. First looked at a 1957, then a 1959 Imperial 2 door hardtops, but these didn't pan out. I saw this Saratoga and pretty much knew it was the car.

(1 Comments)
The grille on the car has been painted black, which is incorrect. It should be anodized aluminum. For now I am going to leave it black, I kind of like it that way, but at some point I may strip it and polish it up. Apparently the original owner installed the black bumper guards on the front which I don't like, but the are bolted through so will leave them on for now. The person who semi restored the car assumed they were original and had the bumpers replated, leaving the holes in them for these guards to be re-mounted. Update, July 2009, I replaced this grille with a New Yorker Grille. See newest photos.

My first project was to make up new trunk panels and floor carpet in the trunk. The original panels were non-existent except for the right side wheel house panel which I used as a template to cut 2 new ones. Since I couldn't find any gray cardboard at any local upholstery shops, I bought black stuff, but then decided to cover all the panels with carpet for a nicer look. The original rubber mat was in poor shape so I replaced it with black caprpet as well.

The clear lucite on the top section of this wheel is badly cracked, but the bottom is perfect. At some point I will have the wheel re-cast.
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First74 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Return to viewing all photo albums

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)