The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lisa's Firedome Fun
Author: Lisa P (Show all albums)

*Make sure you look at the oldest photos first* This will be one of those project cars that will never be show quality but nonetheless, fun! I am using the Firedome as a way to learn all about welding, fabricating, painting, etc. and since the FL cars are the cars of my dreams but this was the only one I could afford, it was a good fit. I know it will never be worth (in $$$) what I put into it, but it is supposed to be FUN!
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First69 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]

(1 Comments)
The masses (my 3 little girls) have spoken and the car MUST be red! We had 3 opinions on what was best: pink, blue, yellow. We all compromised with red. Sorry Surf Green...

The hood was pitted from rust so it was prepped with Eastwoods Rust Converter and Rust Encapsulator prior to primer and paint.

(1 Comments)

Removed the majority of paint from the sectioned fender, added more weld to fill. You can see the difference between the pitted IL metal and the shiny SD metal!

Borrowed an engine hoist and pulled the engine-by myself. It's a wonder what determination can do...

Old frame out, new frame painted and ready for new parts.

Jacked the car up and pulled the old frame out from under it-by myself!

Grafted a section from the front of a Firesweep. Not exact, but much better than it was.

*graphic image* sorry to have to show you all this, but this rear end is gonna need some work.

Both upper control arms removed.
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First69 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]

Return to viewing all photo albums

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)