The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lisa's Firedome Fun
Author: Lisa P (Show all albums)

*Make sure you look at the oldest photos first* This will be one of those project cars that will never be show quality but nonetheless, fun! I am using the Firedome as a way to learn all about welding, fabricating, painting, etc. and since the FL cars are the cars of my dreams but this was the only one I could afford, it was a good fit. I know it will never be worth (in $$$) what I put into it, but it is supposed to be FUN!
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First69 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]

(3 Comments)

This door needed a patch panel as it was rusted out behind the trim.

Sill with floors. Not terribly special unless you look at what I started with. These are solid! I was going to purchase the repop rockers until I realized that I still needed a sill. I still hope to come up with something to match the factory outer rocker.

New floors, plug welded, seam sealed, and both will be painted with self-etching primer.

(2 Comments)
This is the "before" shot of the front passenger pillar bottom.

New metal at the bottom of the front pillar, this was all rusted out.

New passenger side sill/rocker.

Passenger side wheelhouse nearly done!

A new floor!!! This was plug and stitch welded to the old floor-I left about a 1" overlap. Yes, I know it doesn't have the factory beads and may make some noise when it flexes, and no, it isn't as "deep" as a factory floor. Dear Santa-I could use a beater bag and a dead blow hammer...or a bead roller!

A large section of the quarter panel was removed as it had a continuous line of rust where the trim had been. This makes the wheelhouse repairs easier as well!
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First69 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]

Return to viewing all photo albums

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)