The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lisa's Firedome Fun
Author: Lisa P (Show all albums)

*Make sure you look at the oldest photos first* This will be one of those project cars that will never be show quality but nonetheless, fun! I am using the Firedome as a way to learn all about welding, fabricating, painting, etc. and since the FL cars are the cars of my dreams but this was the only one I could afford, it was a good fit. I know it will never be worth (in $$$) what I put into it, but it is supposed to be FUN!
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First69 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]

Driver's side door. I tried to butt weld this.

Driver's side fender I tried my hand at butt welding in patch panels, plug welding and stitch welding. What fun!

Lots of practice at welding and forming sheet metal here. With a coat of primer, the form should show up better.

The rusted frame horn was no match for the newer leaf spring.

I have some work to do here.

I cut out the old rusted metal at the bottom and left a small overlap. This was plug welded and sealed. It has got to be better than it was, right?

The floor or toeboard is gone and so is a lot of the metal from the large front mount. Hmmm.

It's coming together. I know, a frame-off resto is always best but I still need to get the floors and rockers together in order to even consider lifting it.

Extra rugged sill/rocker made from 14 gauge steel tubing.

Center core support rotten at the bottom, guess that would explain why the whole front clip was moving port to starboard and back!

Center core support fixed, painted and installed and the hood still shuts and latches! My girls all under the age of 4 years are picking the colors : )
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First69 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]

Return to viewing all photo albums

Search for anything on eBay!

(Delete all cookies set by this site)