The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

'59 Plymouth Suburbans
Return to the album thumbnailsBack Next

Since some people have asked, I decided to post a photo showing my other driver. Yes, it's a "Brand C", but it has both V-8 power and A/C, two items that are almost a necessity, given the aggressive Las Vegas traffic and our intense, brutal summer heat. Tinted glass is certainly in the future for the wagon, but there isn't enough power in that flat head six to drive uphill, against the wind with A/C on full blast. I have lost fifty six pounds over the last year (by order of my physician), but even that reduction off my fat bod still hasn't lightened the load enough to keep up with the maniacs in this town. And if you can't accelerate fast enough to suit them, they will pass you and cut right in front of you, even if you are slowing for a red light with just a couple car lengths of space in front of you. They apparently don't know nor care that they have just invaded your stopping distance and that they just might find your front bumper in their back seat! The AAJ brakes have helped immensely, but attaining the flow speed of traffic in short order usually keeps the impatient from trying the risky moves to get around this beast. I need to see how long it actually takes to get up to 45 mph, but even Neons and Tercels blow me into the weeds without trying very hard.

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)