[GFS] '57 Fury ebay

Hi GFSers,

I think John Paxos is on to something.  Just got a response from my
message to the ebay seller regarding his VIN #.  I am assuming that only
the seller get's that email message.  Anyway, the response wanted info
from me:  What are the Fury VIN schemes?  That he was told the Body #
plate was on the left side of firewall (driver's side) near the hood
spring, but can't find it?  The engine number starts with FP31 - no
questions from him on that.  Regarding the VINs I explained what plants
had what and where the '57 Fury originated from (Detroit); told him he was
correct on the location of the body # plate (guess his is missing? or was
he fishing?); and advised it sounded like his FP31 was the proper motor.
Anyway, is he an innocent owner that doesn't know all the facts?  Who's to
know.  In my humble opinion, regardless, I don't think this car is a
genuine Fury.  Sure looks nice though!  The bid was up to $16.100 last
time I looked, and the auction has about 6 or 7 days to go - sure sounds
like our cars are drawing some interest.  And from the ebay "bid history"
don't see any recognizeable GFS "handles" bidding on this car.

Interesting to see how this goes.

Regards,

Jack

Sell a Home for Top $