Re: [GFS] 1958 Fury on E-Bay

John, I appreciate the info, as I'm sure the other folks around here do,
too. From the pictures it appears to be a very nice car. I don't know how
hard it would be to locate some Fury badges for it, but I'm sure that
someone knows someone that could locate some from someone else! LOL! Ah,
the thrill of chasing down old parts. Thanks again.    Billy
 john mahaffey <john59oldcar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:Billy,
I have listed the car for a friend. He bought the car
from Indy, and that guy had it converted, and a body
off resto to a Christine about 5 years ago. We don't
know where in Texas it came from, but the owner is a
mechanic and he has been all over the car. He told me
there is no rust, and the only place that even looks
like there were any repairs is the drivers side
rocker. Also, the gold trim is on the car, but was
painted grey. He also has the gold grile, but would
need re-done. He doesn't have the Fury badges though.
It is a very nice car.
John
--- billy austin <texasbillyaustin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yeah, the car looks pretty nice. Being from Texas
> and all, I would be curious to know what part of
> Texas it was in before it went to Illinois. South
> Texas is real bad on these old cars, with the humid,
> salty air and all. I know it mentions that it
> doesn't have any rust, but you never know what's
> been done to a car during a restoration. I did want
> to mention that there is also a '57 Plaza for sale
> on ebay, also. Don't know the auction number, but
> just click on Plymouth cars marked "other". It's a
> two-door, painted red and white, and has the stock
> six-cylinder engine. Looks almost too clean to buy
> as a parts car, but if money isn't an object, there
> are a lot of parts compatible with any '57 or '58
> Fury, hell, or even Belvedere, you might have that
> needs to be restored. Just wanted to let y'all know.
>      Billy Austin
>  a57fury@xxxxxxx wrote:
>

> All
> E-Bay Item # 1871886599.  It is a '58 Fury.  It was
> repainted like Christine,
> but the interior is definitely Fury.  It looks like
> a pretty nice car.  The
> side trim is silver so it'll have to be reanodized
> back to gold if someone
> wants to take it back to a Fury.
>
> Jack Lewis-You ought to try to get the vin# and body
> #.  It could be added to
> the GFS registry.
> John Paxos

> removed]