[GFS] Virus is not a hoax this time

Golden Fin Society - http://clubs.hemmings.com/goldenfin/

--------------------------- ListBot Sponsor --------------------------
Start Your Own FREE Email List at http://www.listbot.com/links/joinlb

Hi all,  I am forwarding this message from Michael, the computer engineer.

He thinks this recent virus warning is NOT a hoax.    There are several
names
for this virus. See the message below.  Also check out Norton and McAfee
websites.  McAfee is supposed to have a handle on it tomorrow? Here is
Michael's note to me......which also includes the original virus warning
below his message.
Judi

    I checked, this one is actually real.  McAffee has an update that
protects
against it, so update your virus definitions and you'll be fine.  Norton
knows about it, but I'm unsure if they protect against it yet.  I get
conflicting info on their website.  It was only discovered today (3/6/01),
so they will probably have everything straight by tomorrow.  You can find
more info on either www.mcaffee.com or www.norton.com/avcenter.

Michael

PS.  This may be the first virus warning I've received via email that
isn't
a hoax.