Re: [GFS] 57/58 POLY

--- In goldenfin@xxxx, "Larry Stanley" <peerless@xxxx> wrote:
> If you just spent a small fortune on a 'numbers matching original'
rare 44
> year old collectors car only to find that it was a total fraud,
the whole
> case against the seller would be based on the numbers. The
prosecutor would
> most definately give a 'flying F' to make sure your case would
hold up. Any
> laws on the books, no matter how obscure, would be dredged up to
help make
> the case.

The exception to the rule I'd say...  In GENERAL, nobody cares,
including the state. Take my other hobby for example...  vintage
VW's... I don't know anyone - myself included - that has the
appropriate title & registration for thier old V-Dub.  You find an
old bug or bus in the woods somewhere, you or somebody you know has
an extra title, we take it in to the DMV, and suddently I have
plates for my "1967" 1964 Type 2. Nobody even knows where to look
for the VIN anyway, or can tell the difference between a 54 and 74
model and even if they did find the VIN they don't beleive the 7
digit number is the REAL VIN. If there's one thing I know from
registtering so many vehicles, and that's civil servants. Anything
they think will create more work they don't want to deal with.  You
could come in with a hand-written note that says so-and-so sold you
this car for X ammount, and wham bam you got plates and a title,
because arguing the situation only creats more work.

In my experince, the only people who really seem to care is the
INSURANCE company. A friend of mine bought a '59 VW ambulance that
served on the Princeton university campus in it's life... well
somehow the insurance company ran the #'s and found out it was an
Ambulance model... they made him get an official letter of
decomission that said it was no longer in service before they would
insure it!

Brian

Plan to Sell a Home?
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J2SnNA/y.lEAA/MVfIAA/BBiolB/TM