[GFS] Standard Catalog of V-8 Engines, 1906-2002

[GFS] Standard Catalog of V-8 Engines, 1906-2002

Hi Gang,

About two years ago I got a note from John Gunnell of Krause Publications
wanting me to proof read his list of Plymouth V-8 engines, with specs on
each, engine paint schemes etc.  He was also looking for photos.  He said
he was writing a book on the American V-8 Engine - all of them ever
produced!  I responded that I was not the expert on Plymouth engines with
the exception of knowledge of the '56-'58 Fury motors and some 360-361-383
motors I had in later Chrysler-Plymouth models, which I shared with him.
I directed him to the Plymouth Owner's Club for more extensive info.

I had forgotten about his request and today, in the mail, were my photos
and a fresh copy of the new publication, Standard Catalog of V-8 Engines,
1906-2002 (All American makes).  A review of the Plymouth section, shows
he used the photos I sent him - featuring Larry Gammon's '56 303, Paul
Schmalz's '58 Golden Commando, and a photo I took of the '57 Fury engine
bay at the W.P.Chrysler Museum.  Mr. Gunnell is generous in his credit
giving, citing the owners of the cars/engines, that each are members of
the Golden Fin Society, etc., and also credit to the W. P. Chrysler
Museum.

The soft-cover book is 288 pages of great information and loaded with
photo's.  The price on the back cover is $24.95US.  If you are interested
in a copy, I imagine the Krause Publications website is a good source to
find out how to get it - www.krause.com

Best Regards,

Jack Lewis
Your Editor!