[GFS] Nov GFS Letter

Hi GFSers,

About two and half weeks to go before I start finalizing our GFS Letter
for November.  So this is a call for any ads you want placed, photos you
want to share, articles, dealer/vendor experiences, testimonials, etc.
Anyone have any experience with welding quarter or rocker panels into
their cars that they would like to share for the next issue?  Sources of
panels that were good experiences?  I had two inquiries from '58 owners
about this, and I also have started prepping my own '56 for rocker
replacement so if anyone can contribute, it would be most appreciated and
timely.

Last issue we solicited the request for 2004 Nats suggestions.  So far we
have received the following:

East - Ron and Wendy Swartley have volunteered to take on Carlisle again -
if not selected as the Nats for '04 would certainly make for a great
Regional.  The 2003 Nats were absolutely fantastic and we'll have more
photos for the next issue!

Mid-West - GFSer John Mahaffey of Illinois has volunteered to help
organize a Nats that would see us welcomed at the 14th Annual Belvidere
Mopar Happening Show, July 17 & 18.  The show is held at the Boone County
Fairgrounds in Belvidere, IL (about 10 miles east of Rockford, IL).  One
of the biggest Illinois Mopar shows.  Will outline a lot of neat details
about this show in the coming GFS Letter.

Mid-West - GFSer George Helmling suggests hooking up with the DeSoto Club
at their National Gathering August 11-14 at the Quaker Hilton in Akron,
OH.  George says we could share in the DeSoto Club's discount rate of $80
per night - the Club also provides Security parking at this Hotel.  Lots
of attractions to include renowned Kent State School of Fashion, Chrysler
stamping plant that George could get us into, etc.  Only drawback at this
point is a dedicated GFS organizer/host as George will not have the time.

No other Regions offered any suggestions, but they are certainly welcomed
before the next issue.  Would like to socialize the above suggestions with
the next issue and make a call for the membership to vote on a choice.  I
will include much more detail on the above suggestions, and any new ones
that come in.

Another item - Ebay currently has a '58 Fury from Oklahoma up for bid.
Supposed to close in about 6 days.  Car looks to be genuine.  Original
engine is missing, currently has a 413 (originally a Golden Commando?)
that doesn't run.  Looks like a complete resto required, but car seems to
be complete.  Last I looked, bids were up to about $3500 (10 bids at that
point).  Anyone have personal knowledge of this one?  This car if genuine
would be an adder to our Registry!

Best Regards,

Jack Lewis
Editor-GFS Letter

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
3905:HM/A=1595056/R=0/SIG=124p07ne0/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenat
togyo?YH=3707890&yhad=1595056> Click Here!

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1595056/rand=335952543>