Re: [GFS] Introduction and brain picking

Re: [GFS] Introduction and brain picking

Hi Joseph,

Welcome to the group!  You will have to formalize that by completing your
membership application so you can get 6 issues of the GFS newsletter each
year and fully optimize your networking with a bunch of Fury nuts that all
pitch in to help another member get his Fury back on the road.

Regarding your questions: yes the 2 X 4 intake will work on your 303, and
even the earlier 277 poly motor as the intake was a dealer option for '56 &
'57 277s, 301s & the 303; and became standard with the Fury V-800 318 in '57
(and for '58).

Regarding the torqueflite, you can use your PowerFlite typewriter, but you
would elect not to hook up the "2", though you would of course, have the 3
forward gears at your command at full throttle takeoffs from the start, or
via "kickdown" at speed.  Another option, and I do not have first hand
experience with this, but have heard, that TorqueFlite typewriters used in
Dodge trucks in '57-'59, will fit the '56 PowerFlite typewriter housing.

I invite other GFSers to comment on that Dodge truck option.

Also, Joseph, I keep the Registry of all '56-'57-'58 Fury's.  We now have
approximately 210 '56s, 85 '57s and 95 '58s registered.  Our Registry
consists of the VIN (on your drivers doorjamb pedastal that flows down from
the windshield; your body number (centered on top & middle of the firewall,
right below the weatherstrip that meets the hood when it is closed; your
motor number - located on drivers side block front, right below the head.

Again, welcome aboard and we look forward to hearing more from you!

Best Regards,

Jack Lewis
Founder/Editor-Golden Fin Society
1956 Plymouth Fury