Re: [GFS] PLYMOUTH GAS TANK QUESTION

Allyn:

     According to my parts book, the 1955-56, 20 gallon fuel tank is not used
with dual exhaust 1955 and 1956 Plymouths and Dodges.  We have dual exhausts,
so steer clear of the 20 gallon tanks.  My book is not specific as to which
models used the 20 gallon tanks, so you will have to try to find out before you
get another tank.

     My book also lists two different 17 gallon tanks for the 1955-56
Plymouths and Dodges.  One 17 gallon tank is used on sedans (including Furys) and
another was used on Suburbans.  You can at least interchange tanks between these
two models and years if the tank is the correct one.

      Let us know what you find if you get one that fits.  I would like to
get a spare.  I had my tank reconditioned by Tank-Renu and it works fine.
However, can't get my fuel gauge to work yet.

     Regards,

     John Teske

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kEZsdA/bwnGAA/YiGOAA/BBiolB/TM